Although these are nice enough looking lamps the colors shocked me when I opened the box. In the photo the base appears to be black when in fact it is a metallic cornflowerish blue. The circles on the shade appear to be some darker, maybe a grey and some lighter. In reality the shade is off white and all of the circles are very very shiny silver. This misrepresentation was disappointing as the true colors don't work for my room and I was so looking forward to receiving them! I love the good deals to be found on Overstock but I am weary of ordering a different set of lamps for fear they will not be as they appear...I have heard from others that this is a common problem on this sight so read the reviews before purchasing!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Colors of lamp are completely misrepresented by the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The lamps look to be of good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? There was no mention of the colors in the description
As I said, the picture is not a good representation of these lamps when they are not lit. I knew that because I had read the existing review when I ordered, but I still thought they would work. The shade is white, and all the circles are silver. The difference in appearance of the circles when the lamp is lit happens because of the variations in the thickness or width of the silver in the individual circles. The silver will actually reflect the wall color or other colors in the room when the lamp is turned off, if they are close enough. The base is a blue steel color, but attractive; it is not anywhere near black. They are a bit larger than I was expecting, but I think the dimensions in the description are accurate. I just had a smaller picture of them in my head. Overall, I like this lamps. All the parts fit together correctly out of the box, and they are a fun addition to my room, which has a couch covered in a geometric/maze-like design.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? When lit, close. The shades look the same when lit, but the bases look black in the photo, and they are really what I would call a blue steel color. When not lit, they do not look like the picture much at all. The shades are definitely white with silver circles.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, but it would have been helpful if the acutal colors of the base and shade were stated.