This is a futon that, so far, is comfortable and does exactly what it set out to do. It was a pain getting it set up, but that's probably because I tried to do it by myself for the first part, and had to get someone to help. Set aside a full afternoon with at least 2 people to get this thing put together. Since it is a queen sized mattress, the frame is longer and heavier. I like the mattress so far. I've only had it for about 3 weeks now and haven't actually slept on it yet (we're using it as a couch), but no obvious compression is occurring. It is a spring mattress, so the springs can be felt a little bit, but I feel its better than having a foam mattress that eventually deflates. The mattress is big and heavy, and does slide down a little when it's in the seated position. The arms are the best part, and if I had the money, I would probably order a wooden frame to match the wooden arms (which are interchangeable if you order from that company). Whatever they finish the wood on the arms with STINKS! Other than that, it's working great so far.
This a great futon for the price. The wood frame is very solid and well made. Two people can put it together rather easily in about an hour if you have everything organized and ready. The mattress is thick and comfortable. This futon is being used in a teenagers bedroom and he is satisfied with it.
Product was good quality, the instructions were a little involved and the sleeves for screwing in the screw were missing in two holes. I called and the parts were sent with in 3 days.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty much the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Thank you for the quick delivery and the low postage. I love Overstocked! Jan
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is Great!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The futon was described accurately, however, it had several flaws. One arm section had severe cracks (which was replaced). Parts of the metal frame were crimped and did not fit. Had to use a grinder to sand off some metal burrs. Instructions were very poorly written, and it took over 3 hours to get the futon assembled. It looks good and the mattress is very comfortable. Would not recommend this product due to the difficulty of assembly and the flaws.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average - Severe cracks in wood, bent frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
the instructions were unclear...the screws/bolts did not fit properly....a trip to Ace Hardware was necessary. A call to the manufacturer was made, and no return call was received. On the plus side, as a sofa, the futon is comfortable. No one has slept on the bed, as is for guests.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the logs were split...guess that adds to the personality of the product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
I put the futon together without a problem and they are top quality,And they are very comfortable.I highly recemend them for any one,we have a log cabin home andthe fit the house well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
The quality of the side "logs" is excellent. Bought the queen size.and the thickness of the mattress is very comfortable for sleeping but it doesn't stay on the frame to well when it's in the up or sitting position. Overall happy with the purchase, just wish it was perfect!
The wood ends look great and fit the decor of my barn living quarters with knotty pine ceiling and walls. The frame needs to have a center brace bar. With the heavy futon on it is almost impossible for one person to open or fold and the front brace tries to bend. Assembly was not too bad, I did it alone and am female well over 55. Just start and remove each screw from pieces before putting together to make sure holes are open. I even kept each screw with the hole it started. A small screwdriver will help to align holes. Do not tighten brace screws until all are in. I did not have help to align ends-a bit of a bugger --- it would have been much easier with help. The splendor futon is innerspring and --very heavy, not flexible, very firm. Don't think I would do it again--a more flexible futon would be better esp for opening and closing the futon. Mechanism work great with no futon on it just a real problem with the futon. Only 3 stars because of the frame--all else good.
We were excited to get the Yosemite futon......reviews were mostly positive apart from two stating that the wood was cracked but we thought we'd take our chances. My mum is coming in a couple of weeks and we needed a futon...... The futon frame arrived first and the first piece of wood I pulled out had huge cracks in it, the other piece was the same so I called Overstock....the first guy I spoke to apologized and said that the defective parts would be replaced.....what followed was two weeks of emailing back and forward, sending photographs of the cracks, telling operators on the phone that I had seen reviews where other people had the same problem with the product and had replacement parts shipped only to be finally told that the cracks we're "standard with a rustic lodge look.....if they do send you more, this will be the same as well" I was also told Overstock would not guarantee the futon for any amount of time so I returned the product two weeks later....... The photographs shown on the website do not show huge cracks running down the joins in the wood....I find it absolutely ridiculous that Overstock tried to sell me substandard furniture while claiming this was part of its rustic look........ I would not recommend buying this product and while I hate to write negative reviews, I will never buy from these guys again.............it took them two weeks to tell me they won't replace a product that would probably have fallen apart the first night that someone slept on it.......
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the wood looked looked the same.....I never got to look at the mattress color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The arms of both sides of the futon had large cracks in them right where they joined other pieces of wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The 'rustic' look of the wood did not explain that there was huge cracks all over the wood