Over all I am very happy with the outcome of my purchase. If I could I would post a picture - I bought a total of four units - 2 buffets and 2 hutches. In regards to assembly they were as tedious as any other cam type assembly products you would get from Ikea or anywhere else. But I did have some issues with assembly. Out of four units I assembled the hutches had some issues On one of the doors the holes for the handle were not spaced properly I tried forever to get the screw to fit then realized I had to take my drill and elongate the hole so the screw would fit. Also there was one part the back brace that clips into the wall rail the Cam holes are on the wrong side. No structural issue with that BUT it made it tricky to install. And the instructions dont show it properly. Because I did the buffet units first and they were the correct way it helped me realize that I could use these without any major issue just needed to change my steps a bit with assembly to make them accessible. I made the mistake of not reading the section about the hinges close enough - be aware there are two different size hinges. I had major problems trying to align the doors but it was entirely my fault. I will say the laminate on these is a bit nicer looking than the picture. I actually contacted the manufacturer ahead of time and they send me a sample which was great. . Have to say they call this espresso - its not as dark as other espressos (Ikea for example) but it is in the same color family. MY only concern is that the laminate seems a bit low quality I hope they end up wearing well. Wall mounting went well except they do no give you any wall mounting hardware you have to buy your own which is a bit irritating. 3" wood screws - not the cost really just the aggravation of having to go out. I did the installation myself and had no one to help. Hardest part for me was making sure the two mounted directly next to each other were lined up evenly. I have to say over all I love the look just keeping my fingers crossed that they will remain looking nice.
Love the units, the only downfall was the pieces were not labeled . This is the reason for a 4 star instead of 5. It a lot longer than anticipated. Definately a 2 person job
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality not bad for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I bought this and 2 of the matching cabinets for a small serving area off of my dining room. You can't beat this modern look at these prices!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? VERY ACCURATE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. NICELY PACKAGED, NO DAMAGE, EXCELLENT HARDWARE
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VERY ACCURATE
This look is great! I just moved into a smallish condo with minimal storage for dish & glassware, so this floating system was perfect! It holds everything, assembled easily (3 units total ordered, 2 base & 1 upper) first one, two of us assembled and installed.....2 I assembled on my own and two of us installed. The overall look is great, it is sturdy e ought to hold all my dishes/serving pieces/stemware - yet looks lighter than a standing buffet would have. If a small space or lighter effect is what you need - these are a great way to go!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
Love this product, it is perfect for people who have little cabinet space. Not too bad to put together, but the instructions aren't the best, so be prepared. Love it though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, instructions were a little tough, but got it done...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate Description