I looked around for a while for a contemporary styled china cabinet. There just aren't that many choices out there if you don't want to spend thousands of dollars. This was a very happy find for us. It is reasonably priced and has a nice contemporary style. We purchased the buffet and 2 of the hutches. When I attached them to the wall we did not stack them directly above and below like in the picture. I offset the 2 hutches so that one is slightly to the right and one is slightly to the left of the buffet. It's a fun look and allowed us to hang some wine glass holders from the top hutch and still be able to stack things (like a wine rack) on the buffet. There are some things to be aware of though. The pieces arrived in good condition, but they scuff and mark easily, so assemble with care. Assembly was easy, but be aware that there are 2 types of hinge attachments. One for the outside doors, and one for the middle door. When you hang the provided railing on the wall, don't screw it in all the way. Leave a little breather room to get the cabinet unit to be able to slide down on the railing. After the unit is on the wall, then tighten the screws the rest of the way in. Also add a couple screws through the back panel of the cabinet. That adds a lot of stability. Once the cabinets are up, be aware that the material is slick. If you are storing glasses in the cabinets they can easily slide around or even out of the cabinet. I suggest adding some sticky-back felt or other non-slip material to the bottom of the inside cabinet sections.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acceptable
Top of buffet had been damage during shipment. Contacted customer service and was given no hassel to have the top reshipped. It arrived very quick and I was able to complete my project in time. It looks so beautiful. Using the hutch & buffet in my masterbedroom sitting area. Looks so cool!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on target
I bought both the Yaletown black wall mounted hutch and buffet. Both came by UPS and each had a couple boards damaged. I emailed Overstock and the following day I received a call and an email saying the manufacturer was shipping me replacement boards. They came through in perfect condition. I found the hutch and buffet easy to put together. It takes a level and stud finder and a second person to mount them on the wall but again I had no trouble. I put 6 screws into the wall studs per unit to help hold the weight. THEY LOOK FANTASTIC AND ARE STRONG! I want to give Overstock a lot of praise for standing behind their products. They have made a repeat customer out of me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The buffet has a beautiful black glossy finish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I knew I was getting partical board so I am content
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
The only reason I rated the overall value of this product (good) is because it is not wood but for the price I would rate it excellent. I purchased just the buffet for one of my walls in my dining room. It was very easy to put together (I just looked at the pictures) and I'm a girl. The only thing I did differently and was very glad that I did, was to put all of the hardware on the doors before putting the buffet together. It's much easier to do it that way on a flat surface instead of trying to put them on in the enclosed cabinet space. The hinges were simple to put on but when attaching the doors to the cabinet you should tighten the bottom screws of the hinges first and then tighten the top screws or the doors won't close correctly. I still haven't attached it to the wall yet (I have to find the studs) but my plan is to attach it so that it sits right on top of the chair rail for extra support. It's very modern looking and I love it. I will probably buy 1 more for the other side of my dining room and another couple for as an entertainment center and storage in my small 1st floor bedroom.
My husband put this together rather quickly and it was easy to mount. we did purchase longer screws to better support it in the studs. looks great. the only downfall was the top was dented and i assume that was from shipping. the manufacture is supposed to be sending another one but we have yet to receive it and its been right at 2 weeks. but i love it!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the top arrived denteed but i assume that was from shipping
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I am in love with this buffet, it was exactly what I was looking for. It goes beautifully with my decor and even though I think the picture made it look more brown I wasn't complaining because it goes perfectly with my dining room table thats black.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? On the website it looks more brown than it does in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It seems very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate, it does what is said it would do.
Firt off, it went together so fast I thought I forgot some parts. Was all set for the usual struggle to get things to fit, but it was a piece of cake. Like I said, the only thing I was not happy about were the dings in the finish on a few pieces. Other than that it is a great unit and well worth the money. In fact I am more than likely going to get another one to hang next to this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall fantastic, a few dings in the finish took a bit away from the unit.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? On the Money
Looks good, but you can't close the doors. They all stick and overlap. I thought I hadn't tightened them enough so I made them tighter, still sticking. My dad is a contractor and I had him look at it and he couldn't figure it out either. To add further insult to injury one of the doors fell during installation. It didn't even fall that far and it cracked and a piece broke off.
The assembly instructions were straight forward, however when installing the doors, I spent over an hour adjusting the middle and right doors flush so they would not overlap when closing. With NO success. This is just a cheap quality and construction.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I purchased 1 buffet and 2 hutch cabinets in this product line. Like a previous reviewer I offset the 2 hutch cabinets (one to the right and the top one in line with the buffet). This serves 2 purposes (the ability to hang things and also in my case, work around existing fixtures in the space (home alarm panel, glass break sensor, smoke detector, and a light switch). This gives both a cool look and feel and some functionality with lighting and wine racks etc. in the future. When I saw how "small" (relative term, obviously the longest pieces are almost 50" long) the boxes were, I thought, "Oh. Great. There's going to be dings in cracks in it." To my surprise the inside of the box was packed perfectly so there was no movement (they use a combination of protective measures in the packing including silver bags that are filled with spray foam (note the hardware is in plastic bags that these hug them, so get that out before you toss the foam in a recycling or trash bin), rigid standard foam, and very crush resistant thick corrugated cardboard. The instructions are very clear (both in illustration and written instruction). This is especially surprising since so many products that you get have horribly translated English and even worse illustrations in the world of cheap furniture. While this does have particle board, they use MDF where it counts, setting them above your typical "college kid" fare of disposable furniture. The counter tops and cabinet doors are made of MDF. The hinges are incredibly sturdy and you're going to want to make sure you adjust them thoroughly to get a perfect fit for clearance/closure/alignment. The instructions don't go to detail on that and they say it takes 30 minutes. It may have taken 30 on that part on my 2nd and 3rd of my 3 cabinets, but the 1st took me a little longer to precisely figure out (I am very particular). You'll want the smaller outside doors to end up flush with the edge of the cabinet and the middle one to fit between them and I made the bottom of the doors flush with the bottom of the cabinet. This review is limited to the number of characters so I don't think I can get into detail on that, but just know that you're going to want to mess with the up/down, in/out, and left/right adjustments to get them just right. Finally, a previous reviewer mentioned that they do come in good condition but can scrape up easily in the assembly and this is definitely true. Make sure you lay the pieces on bath towels or a blanket while you sit them on the floor as you take them out of the packing. It comes with a black marker finishing tool and instructions on how to use it and that does work very well too. Overall, for the price and knowing the materials it's made of, I'm very happy with this purchase and have received great compliments on my install pictures I posted for friends to see. Is it THE BEST ever? Well, it's made of particle board and MDF, so no. Is it the best and most cost effective way to spend less than $500 for a buffet and 2 hutch cabinets and have a modern feel and great functionality? Absolutely. Most modern options of this nature are so expensive. This is a nice product and I couldn't be happier with the value for the investment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's black, so yeah the color is fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Assuming you read the description, you'll be fine with the MDF and particle board.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes, the description on the site is accurate
I have good on this as a rating, but it is perfectly fine for what I need. It is very inexpensive ($) but the pice was relative easy to assemble and it was easy to hang. It does the job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is inexpensive particle board furnature. But the price reflects that.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
Piece is nice and worth the money. I purchased it for my office, unfortunately I have to take it home with me. I did not think about the office chair rails.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The buffet fit perfectly and looks great. The color was just as shown on the website. I will order fron O.co again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great