I like the style of these chairs and my husband loved the fact that they came assembled. But, again the color is the big issue. These chairs are not a cherry finish!! They are very light. I assumed (which was a mistake) that the photo was representing just the style. I will now have to go to the trouble of removing the seats, purchasing gel stain and restaining them....not what I wanted to do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is same, but misleading as it states cherry finish. These chairs are an oak color, very light wood.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good. These chairs are sturdy and seem to be well crafted. Seat cushions are a little stiff.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It wasn't. It states cherry finish, which these chairs are not.
I bought two sets for my breakfast room and they are just what I wanted. These aren't heirloom quality chairs (the brackets that hold the legs to the seat and stretchers are visible if you look hard), but other than that, they seem sturdy and are comfortable. The faux leather upholstery on mine are black (not the blue-ish that one commenter had) and the color of the wood is more of a light maple or oak, definitely not cherry. They are just as pictured. I also appreciated that they came assembled.
I love my new chairs. Sturdy and comfortable. Seat pads have a slight blue hue to them, especially in sunlight, but I don't mind that at all. They are still very attractive chairs. I was about to buy much more expensive chairs, but am so happy I found these because who doesn't love a bargain?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? wood color was true to color on site, but seat color is more navy than black in bright lighting
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so much better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate