What a fabulous desk! Sleek and sturdy, raw wood. Couldn't beat the price! Easy to put together, just had to put the legs on. I'm a photographer and I needed something simple with ample top space and it serves me great. If you don't need bells and whistles like drawers (it has one, that's plenty for me) or cabinets or a hutch, this is a piece for you! The toughest thing to figure out with this desk is whether or not to stain it. The raw wood look is gorgeous with visible knots and grain, but would probably take a stain beautifully! It's clutter resistant too. You will keep it cleaned off as much as possible to always see it! I highly recommend this desk!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, solid quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I'm thrilled with my new writer's desk. There is nothing to complain about and much to rave about. I did a lot of comparison shopping before making this purchase so I am in an informed enough position to appreciate the supreme value of this desk. MATERIAL: The fact that it is solid wood (rubber wood) alone puts it shoulders above anything else in the market under $200 - no laminates to peel off and no off gassing glue holding a compressed mass of wood shavings together. And it's beautiful wood - nicely dense and powdery smooth, its natural colour so pleasing I am considering changing my mind about staining or painting it. The fact I paid only $$$ for this made it a steal. CONSTRUCTION: also solid - all parts fit together perfectly. This desk ain't wobbling! And the assembly was dead easy. I've only one hand so a girlfriend did this for me in half an hour, I think. The drawer is on runners (not top of the line but adequate) so it glides out easily. It fits snugly when closed. I've not tested it weighted with contents yet. SIZE: A perfect compromise between generosity of work space and the need to conserve limited floor space. I can spread out a big binder, my mac notebook, a table lamp, snack bowl, knick knacks, and not feel cramped. DELIVERY: Was surprised at how quickly it arrived - 2 or 3 days I think. And at under $3 for S&H I not only saved gas money but having to carry the desk to and from the car. Sweet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very, very close. The actual desk color was nicer then the photo having slightly less grey and a kind of subtle sheen of white-blond wood. .
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good. Solid wood sanded beautifully smooth. Easy assembly and all parts fit perfectly together. Drawer works well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Did not disappoint.
I was looking for a desk to put in my office/guest bed room. It was perfect size for what I needed. It serves its purpose and everyone has complemented it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy. Very impressed with quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described
This desk was so easy to put together! It took about twenty minutes, and that includes getting rid of the packaging. It's got a very light finish that I will stain. It was a birthday present for my teenage son and he appreciates it. A good purchase.
I needed a simple, sturdy, desk. I didn't want to spend a fortune on it. This desk looks exactly as pictured. It is very easy to assemble. You need to attach the legs. But it is sturdy. It looks nice. Exactly what I needed. You could stain or paint it to fit any decor it you wish. I'm leaving mine unfinished.
You won't be disappointed with this purchase. The desk is very sturdy and only needed to be sanded lightly before staining it. The wood took the stain evenly and turned out quite lovely. I'm guessing it would be just as pretty painted. It's very sturdy, was incredibly simple to assemble and well worth the money.
I bought this for my 6 year old son's new big boy room. Because it was unfinished, I painted it like an baseball and added his name. It fits the space perfectly. It isn't too bulky and overwhelming for a little boy but is big enough that he can use it for years to come. We are very, VERY happy with it! Great quality!
This is a nice basic desk. It's also attractive and is practical as a student desk. Storage is minimal as shown, but the writing surface is large enough to be comfortable for most. I purchased this for my daughter, and she has chosen not to add stain or other finish, but I think that for the best long-term results, it should be finished to protect from stains. It's a worthwhile purchase.
I think this may have been a return because there was no type of protective packaging in the box. The piece comes in 5 pieces and every one had at least one large GOUGE in it. If it was purchased locally I would defiantly return it - The price paid and the damage from shipping make it a piece of scratch and dent that you didn't get that good of a discount on. The positive is it is solid wood and extremely sturdy. I have decided to keep it but am not ordering any larger items from overstock again - everything I have ever ordered that weighed over 30 pounds has shown up damaged in one way or another.
I needed a good surface that I could spread out my books that I was working using for research for my maters in theology. It irks perfect, fits in a small space. It is unfinished so when I finish school I can make it a nice table in whatever color I decide
I have been looking for a writing desk for my 8 year old son for months as he loves to write and draw and needs a large surface area to do so without all the bells and whistles. This desk is big enough to have many projects going on at once but not so big that it takes over his room. The quality is amazing and looks great without being finished, I will probably order another one for a different room and stain it a dark color. There is no better bargain out there, I've looked at both new and used products to no avail.
Great writing desk and perfect size for a small room or office. The parawood finish is nice; stained it with a light stain/poly mix and it looks wonderful. Comes in a one piece, just need to add the legs; very easy. The drawer is just right size too. Delivery was quick; price was right. Of all the things, i've purchased from O, this is one of my fav's.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality parawood, light wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
This is a real bargain to get a table of this quality. I'm thinking about ordering another.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well created. All real wood, no pressboard anywhere. There was a slight problem due to misalignment of the drawer hardware but my son made a little modification and all is well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
love this mini me version of a much larger antique version of this desk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect...came unfinished so we could stain it to match my office decor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love my desk. I needed one in a hurry and couldn't decide on a color, so I went with this unfinished look and now I'm tempted to keep it that way. I have my laptop, keyboard, lamp, files, and monitor on it. The drawer isn't meant as a real storage solution, but just the odd pen, calculator, checkbook, etc. It's gorgeous and was perfectly sized for the tiny corner in my NY apartment and now the little niche of my home office in Denver. I keep telling myself to treat the wood to protect it, but it's so pretty (and I can never be bothered to take it all the stuff off.) I'm a harsh grader, so 5 stars really is 5 stars.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well-built. Sturdy - no wobble. No splinters.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great.