This was the 5th rug purchase I have made through Overstock. I have been extremely pleased with all other rugs and wasn't hesitant about the purchase of another. After 2nd day in room, the smell was so noxious that it had to be removed and placed outside to air out. The smell remained in my home with the windows open and fans blowing for the following two days. This is the 5th day out to air and am unsure still about bringing it back in. Unsure about return options at this point. Looks good and would be happy with appearance but unable to use due to extreme chemical odor.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Rug was thinner than other comparably priced rugs previously purchased through Overstock.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accuracy as expected.
I sort of regret purchasing this product. It was my mistake for thinking that a large rug like this one would be good quality considering the price. It is not terrible. Very soft. However the sides curl and nothing I can do gets them down. They have become a tripping hazard and I considering getting rid of the rug all the time. The rug is beautiful aesthetically - just not what I would call functional for my purposes. I have active children and an average size townhome. Overall, I would recommend investing in a higher quality rug if you are putting in high traffic area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much brighter with more contrast
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is not great
I got this large rug, within a week, right to my doorstep, and love it. I was hoping the blue would be a little more prominent, but it still looks perfect in my blue-highlighted room. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Hoping the blue a little brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was right on.
The smell at first---funky. But what rug/carpet isn't when you first get it...? After a few weeks, the rug will smell like your house and you won't notice a thing. The quality is good for the price and the rug itself is pretty thick. The colors shown on the pictures are exactly what it looks like. Easy to clean and the best thing: due to the colors and design, you don't see any dirt/stains from traffic, etc. We're using it in our dining room and it gives the room an "older/vintage" look; mixes well with our modern accents for a cool room design. Enjoy!