My husband and I are both designers - he is a furniture designer and I am a ret'd interior designer. We do not believe in buying knock offs. However - we can't fathom the price of this as a Knoll original. We have mostly only originals in our home. This is a great knock off. It was worth the risk. The fabric is not the boucle that another person mentioned. It is a flat woven flannel type of wool. It is of a good quality. We got it in the dark grey. Was very easy to assemble - just screwing the frame onto the shell. The dimensions are slightly off from the original and the ottoman is probably too high. But - can't complain at all. This is such a bargain. We researched and got fabric samples from other companies who knock off this chair - this fabric is superior to any we got. And - this is the best price you can get. No- I don't work for Overstock. But - I am an educated consumer and Overstock always does me right. Hope this helps in your decision making.
Recieved the chair quickly after ordering, I a extremly disapointed. The chair has a red stain maybe printing fluid fr.om the cutout production. I can not believe how uncomfortable the cushions are. I can not believe that I recieved the same chair as reviews on the overstock site. The cushions are about 1.5 inches thick and I can see the pad through the fabric, which makes the chair look very cheap and when people sit it, you can see the by the look on their faces, how uncomfortable they are.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fabric very thin can see gray pad color under white fabric
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality and very uncomfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Bad
First I should say, I really wanted to like this chair. I really did. I had sit in an original Womb chair at DWR and was blown away at how comfortable it was and loved it - but of course the price is crazy and outside of my reach. Thought this might be a nice, cheap alternative to the original. Okay... the GOOD - It arrived quickly (one day earlier than estimated); unlike some of the other reviewers I received all of the hardware with no missing bolts, nuts, etc.; one reviewer said their pillows did not have piping around them so I was happy to see that the pillows had piping. They looked similar to the picture but were a little more misshapen The BAD - The fabric wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. It was scratchy and kind of cheap-looking. One of the seams on the arm had come apart about 1/2" and I could see a little sliver of the white frame underneath. I might have been able to live with it, but every time I looked at the chair I was unhappy at how it looked. Also, it was suppose to be dark grey and looked very blue/grey. The UGLY - As many others noted, the bolts were not aligned. Urgh! It was frustrating to have to practically "reshape" the legs. Took too long to put together only to take it apart again when I realized the chair wasn't worth the price I paid. Also, the chair is very very uncomfortable. The pillows had foam that must have been mixed with cement they were so hard. Also the seat cushions looked way too small for the frame of the chair and not even close to the comfort of the original. I bought this chair with the expectation that it was not going to come close to the original, but I thought it might at least be decent. It really wasn't what I thought it would be so it has now been packed up to go back to Overstock. I would not recommend this chair if you're looking for a cheap alternative to the original Womb. Not at this price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As other reviewers noted, the color was more of a blue-grey color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. meh
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the site description is sparse. However, one thing that it did mention was "comfortable". I would not describe this reproduction as such.
The style is just what I wanted. The color couldn't be better. The fabric detracts from the chair. Having said that, I realize that this chair, is a great buy, so I might have bought it anyway. Also, I had 2 men working for me at the time and it took both of them to get some of the screws in because the holes don't line up evenly on one side. The bottom line is you get what you pay for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is exactly what I want.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the fabric cheapens the appearance of the chair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The fabric wasn't adequately described.
Overall I am pleased with this chair, though the cushions are not nearly as thick as pictured. Very comfortable, upholstery is soft and not at all itchy, great style.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dark gray is a little bluish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
The chair is Red which is exactly what I wanted not the Burnt orange like the picture shows. The cut outs in the fabric where the base attaches are a bit sloppy and oversized, but you can't see that once assembled so thats fine. 3 of the larger bolts used to attach the chair base were missing as other have stated, the ones i did find were just loose in the box since the bag ripped open. If you attach the center bolts1st loosely then put the outer ones in there is not much of an alignment problem since the tubing flexes well. Interesting piece of furniture and its comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's RED not the burnt orange in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I'm not sure why so many people have had difficulty with assembling this chair. I had it out of the box and put together in less than 20 minutes without a single issue. I believe people are tightening each bolt as they assemble the chair. Only tighten the bolt a few turns on each and when all the bolts are in place, start alternating the tightening process. Although I couldn't see a "swatch" of the color I wanted (Blue), I was very thrilled with the color and it was exactly what I was hoping it would be...sort of a royal blue. The chair isn't overly comfortable but it is great looking and ultra modern and works well in my very modern loft condo.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Couldn't see the color on your Web site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Great chair for the price. I was looking for a chair and ottoman for a guest bedroom that would be comfortable to relax for guests who were visiting. This was a great solution. The color isn't really 'white', it is more of a cream color. I have received several compliments that the chair looks great and is comfortable though I find the wool a little itchy. I would definately recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is not actually white, it is more of a cream color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? chair fits description
The quality is disappointing. The metal legs are weaker than they should be....making the chair wobbly and causing concern about how much weight it can hold. The fabric looks like felt. Only about half the bolts fit...some too short, some too long. It seems strange that someone would have difficulty screwing in bolts, but the opening is inside slits in the fabric so you can't see where the screw is going. It looks true to the picture, but quality is definitely compromised.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a dark gray.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Disappointing.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It looks like the picture.
I've been wanting the Womb chair but couldn't afford DWR. There are many replicas available but I was delighted to find it on Overstock with a coupon for a great deal. However, previous reviews were alarming and before making a purchase I had I contacted customer service to verify the chair was 100% wool, which sounded really suspicions for a replica chair for this low price. They checked and said it was 100%wool. The chair came really quickly. Concerned by negative feedback, I thoroughly examined the chair. I concluded that Overstock has been selling the Womb chairs from different manufacturers at different times. Here is my conclusion: the chair I received is not 100% wool despite advertised as such. It is a polyester blend. Apart from the swatches attached to the box, it is obvious that the fabric is polyester. Nor is it twill as other reviews stated. Mine is an imitation of bouclé. I actually wish it were twill fabric. This chair is slightly differing from the original design and not as comfortable, but nothing I can't get over, given that I saved thousands of dollars over the original. Pros: it was very easy to assemble (only 4 screws), there were no problems with holes or screws. For the price this is the best one I have seen. Its fancy and chic. Cons: there are no assembly instructions, but really not needed. Not wool but a polyester blend not sure how the fabric will hold up. I am concerned about the polyester fabric forming pills. Would I recommend the chair from this manufacturer to a friend? if money was an issue, yes. Otherwise, for a couple of more hundreds there must be a better quality knock off. As for me, if I could go back, I would still buy this chair for the price. I hope it could last.
I read all the reviews and bought this anyhow, hoping that the negative ones were wrong. They weren't. This is not a good quality chair. The stitching is visible, it's very hard, the holes on the sides don't align for assembly (I just didn't assemble that part and I'm hoping it will be ok), the fabric is scratchy, and the cushions have mis-matched visible zippers and don't really fit into the contours of the chair. BUT, it does generally look like the original womb chair which has such a beautiful design, and the price compared to the Knoll version is pretty good, so I'm sticking with it. And it's sufficiently comfortable for cuddling with my toddler for story time. Hopefully it will hold up at least through elementary school! One other thing to note: I ordered the red, which does not look like the shade in the picture. The chair I got was more of a ruby red, not a bright fire engine red.
Unfortunately my husband and I bought this chair for our master bedroom and were greatly disappointed. After reading the reviews we were convinced this was the chair for us. We both love the Knoll Womb chair and this chair looked like an amazing replica, the color was awesome and the shape (in the photo) was on point with the real thing. When we got the box it had the picture from the website on it and looked amazing. we were excited to open the box like children on Christmas day. Then as we opened it we were surprised to see the design did not match the picture on the box or the website. FALSE ADVERTISING 100% However I must mention the chair was very well package. Multiple layers to ensure it wasn't damaged. The trimming shown on the cushions on the website are not found on the cushions on the chair. The foot rest has an extra trimming around the top of the stitching something which makes it look cheap. The felt material is less then to be desired. Its almost like felt which children us in grade school use to do art projects. Also the height is not as mentioned on the website it is on 35'' and that's pushing it. Our front legs on the chair have a weird bend on them. One is completely off and is a manufacturing defect but still thought it was worth mentioning that the legs aren't straight. They bend forward which is not like the original design or what is posted on the website. I would highly discourage anyone from buying this chair. It is not worth the price and is not as pictured on the website. We were very excited to get this chair and now have the challenge of returning it.
The chair is lovely,easy to assemble, great quality fabric and a showstopper. We purchased two of the red chairs and love them-very contemporary and comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality for the money-fabric was better quality than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
Very disappointing - this is my first negative review for Overstock. I purchased one of these chairs from Overstock several years ago, and it is the most comfortable chair I own and an excellent reproduction with beautiful quality fabric. I decided to buy another for a different room, but this one was clearly made by another company and is vastly inferior. Firstly, the fabric is nubby and does not feel like wool. There are multiple loose threads. Worst of all, the chair is ill-proportioned and looks nothing like the original. The ottoman in particular is completely the wrong shape and the cushions are too square. It would be a terrific pain to try to repackage this, but I'm still considering sending it back.
i will start by saying that i have purchased several good things from overstock over the years, that the customer service rep was very nice and pleasant, and that i very rarely write reviews, good or bad. based on some of the other reviews, though, i felt compelled to share. the good--it was delivered quickly and was packaged well. the customer service rep was very nice and gets five stars (as long as the proper hardware gets shipped). the bad--there was no hardware included, and the chair is just sitting in pieces, for now. the customer service rep at overstock indicated that she will try to get the hardware shipped, asap. she was very nice and apologetic. the ugly--this is really a poor-quality piece. the upholstery is not "great", nor is it like "felt," unless "felt" means a very, very loose curly knap of wool that more closely resembles the material of an outdoor carpet than the material in a hat. i can't assemble it, yet, so i can't speak to the comfort, but i can say that the cushions are very poorly constructed of very cheap, poor quality foam. i suppose if one were to buy this hoping to get any approximation of an Eero Saarinen for pennies on the dollar, one would be disappointed, even at this price. if one were to buy this to get a groovy chair that won't get used very much and doesn't know Eero Saarinen from Paul Bunyan, he or she will likely be left with thinking he or she simply paid too much for a low-quality piece. i am not a designer, an interior decorator, or a furniture builder, but i do have decent eyesight. the deviations on the proportion and shape give it an odd look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly, insofar as "classic" and "comfortable" are very subjective, and "good" and "quality" were not used.
Was so excited to get this chair. Had a terrible chemical smell out of the box. IMPOSSIBLE to assemble, cheap fabric, flimsy design, Not a quality reproduction.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a bit brighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We ordered the chair and weren't impressed with the quality. It seemed to stand crooked once we got it all together. Also, the color seemed to be more of a dark blue than the grey color we chose (could have been a shipping mistake). We returned it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color received was more of a dark navy blue vs the grey we selected on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality didn't seem great. The frame of the chair appeared to be crooked once the chair was put together.
I was happily surprised, went together easily and is comfortable. A little itchy, but but my husband didn't think so. Loved the style - one does need a small head pillow.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is brighter, more vibrant - a Chinese Red
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good