I was looking for a bench to put near the door to store shoes, and something you can sit on when putting on / taking off shoes. This fit the bill perfectly. The bench is all wood (not composite material as far as I can tell) and took about 10 minutes to assemble. Arrived in perfect condition, just a few natural wood marks/knots/etc. Size is just right. The only issue I can come up with is that the shoe shelves are just about 1" too short to fit most shoes (e.g., sneakers) without having to squish them in a little -- not a big deal at all. Would definitely recommend this, and I'd buy another one if i had multiple doors where it was needed.
This is a great product for the price! Sturdy and ample storage for several pairs of shoes, even men's sizes, perfect for just inside a door or a small hallway. It is definitely not an elegant piece of furniture, but solid wood, easy to assemble and functional.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a nice useful little bench that could serve a variety of purposes where a small storage bench is needed. In our case we needed a shoe bench for the hallway outside our apartment door, not so deep that it would obstruct the door or be considered a fire hazard in the hallway. This bench fit our bill perfectly. Caveats: like other reviewers have pointed out, it only holds small and regular sized shoes, sandals, flip-flops, etc. - woud not work for boots or tall shoes unless the middle shelf was left off during assembly, then it would hold just a few pairs of boots. Also, our unit arrived with small dings and imperfections, but not bad enough to return the item, I placed the best looking side out. Overall for the price, we're happy with this bench and we use it every day to take off and put on our shoes outside the apartment door. We even reclaimed one large storage shelf inside, by putting our lowtop (and low cost) shoes outside our door in the bench.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nearly exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality, functional and somewhat stylish
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Bought originally for just the shoe rack. Placed this shoe bench under the window next to our bed. And it became a great window seat. Regular height shoes, That wear around and under the ankle, fit perfect. Great for sandles and slippers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was and actual real match. Just the color we were looking for to match out decor.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect and easy to put together; holes matched aligned perfectly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Awesome deminsions were an exact help.
The bench arrived earlier than expected, which was a nice surprise. The problem is the top of the bench has defects - it looks like something crushed the wood on the top portion to the left. The defect isn't noticeable until you are up close to it, so we have decided to hang onto this because it fits the space by the front door perfectly. Just like the other reviews have pointed out - there is not enough space in between the shelves for shoes. We fixed this by removing the very bottom shelf and we plan to use the second shelf for flip flops and very low shoes. We bought this for something to sit on while we put our shoes on in the front entrance. It is a very cute edition to our arts and crafts style home. The quality is average and it is sturdy to sit on. This is not a "show piece" by any means, but a functional item that doesn't distract from the rest of our entry way and living room area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is a little darker brown than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? About right
great unit...if I had more space ...actually space in the "wet" area I would purchase another. something you can put-out and show-off with pride
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy and solid..................in other words "healthy looking".
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? no complaints
It is just what I expected. It is sturdy enough to sit on while putting on shoes. I suppose my only complaint would be the space between the shelves is not quite enough...high top runners would not fit. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase.
Wish there was a measurement for each platform or level height. Most of my shoes don't fit without shoving them in there, scratching the uppers, which I won't do for my nicer dress shoes. The floor level has 5", the second level has 4.75", and the third level has 4.5". This would be better for women and kid shoes than for men's. Sturdy, looks good, the bolts/nuts are kind of a accent
We were looking for a bench to put in a hallway and what I consider a tight area. I had to put it together and it was very easy. The picture was an exact match. Its not super high quality or thick wood but it works and seems to be strong for average sized people. I'm happy with my purchase and would purchase again if needed.