the walnut color matched all the other walnut I have. I like the way it looks although if you get close to it you can tell it is pretty cheaply made. looks like something from walmart or big lots. not the best quality but does the trick.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
This tiered shelf after one year has held up and still looks great. It is a great example of cost/value that we get here at O.com. Can hold heavier glass objects with no problems, too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not the sturdiest but more than adequate for pictures, etc.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I love the shelf, it makes my sons room look very grown up and sophisticated. We painted, got a new leather bed (dark brown) added a tall lamp and the shelf brings it all together. I needed a tall slender shelf because his room is small, and the ceilings are tall, to get the best use out of the space I looked for a tall narrow shelf and this one is perfect. The price was amazing. I'm not an expert but if feels very solid, the wood is beautiful. Putting it together was a little challenging but I am not a FAN of having to put any furniture together, probably took me an hour, but I did it after work and before company and wasn't rushing. It also came with hardware to attach it to the wall, which I think is great! I haven't felt the need to do that but I like the option.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to description- I got the dark brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shelves were solid, they felt strong looked sleek. It is very sturdy and looks very contemporary.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Nice shape, size and color. Poor quality of wood- multiple defects & splinters. For the money i would have expected better quality of wood- kept, but next time will go elsewhere for this type of product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Disappointed in construction- wood has multiple spots where it was splintered
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Matched desription
This is a very sturdy and attractive piece at an excellent price point. I have no special skills and I put it together in about 2-1/2 hours with a couple of frustration breaks. The special type of screw-connectors mis-threaded a couple of times and I had to have my husband rescue me by backing out the nut. This is just a warning for other novices to carefully test how these connectors work a couple of times before going full guns on putting it together. If you get resistance then take the screw out and test it before doing in the furniture. I think that some of the screws are just not made perfectly. I am happy with my purchase. It is a nice display piece that I bought for my father's assisted living apartment to display old photos.
This is the best made shelving that is so sturdy and makes the room noticably neat . It does an excellent job of storing magazines at eye levels and keeps the books defined per shelf. IT IS EXCELLENT. The individual sizes add depth to styles of book sizes. It was very well made for putting it together-quality that you cannot find today in furniture- It is well worth the money. I would recommend it for any office or corner of room needing magazine and book storage. TRY IT YOU WILL BE VERY PLEASED.
In the flesh it looks much clunkier, like a beginner's home woodworking project. And, as others have reported, the "mahogony" finish is not attractive. We will try to find separate uses for the two halves after painting them. All the parts were there, and assembly (and disassembly) was simple.
It was relatively easy to put together. . It is the perfect size for displaying lots of pictures in a minimal space. It's rounded shelves allows for several pictures on each shelf. It's very sturdy! Will order another one when they are restocked.
Not very easy to assemble. Glue given for wooden dowels completely dried up. Wood pieces used for plugs/covers so screws won't show, do not fit correctly. Fall out. Will have to try superglue in my spare time to see if it works. Looks good when finally get it together, and luckily it's a corner unit so the holes that need to be plugged can't easily be seen, however, I don't feel it's worth the price I paid for the unit.
Bought this for my wife. She had been looking for a corner shelf for a while so I decided to get this one in oak to match our furniture. When it arrived, I was able to assemble it in about an hour by myself. I found the shelf to be pretty heavy duty and was impressed when it was all put together. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a corner shelf.