I thought I followed the directions well, but in the end the middle shelf came out backwards. I didn't feel like taking it all apart.. regardless with my mistakes, my bed fits INTO the bookcase.. not sure if that is supposed to happen either, and the unfinished side shows, but the mattress and bedding covers it. I will paint the exposed shelf... not a problem. Overall, I love the look of this headboard. It is rather tall, and the cat loves to sit on top and scope out the world. There was a 'ding' on the corner of the top shelf, but easy to cover up. I love how this looks and holds all that stuff that bedrooms accumulate! ps, this is very heavy! I had the UPS man bring it into my living room for assembly!
To reinforce all of the pieces, my husband used liquid nails. He also used and extra 2x4 to reinforce the bottom and puchased plywood for the back. Check all of your pieces prior to assembly to ensure the correct holes are predrilled. Even with the reinforcements, the headboard isn't 100% steady. If you have an "active" bed, you may want to reinforce it even more or consider a solid wood headboard. For the money, it's worth the price and looks nice.
I bought this headboard to match my mostly cheap hand-me-down white college furniture. It was easy enough for my fiance and I to assemble, and we really had no problem except hammering in a dowel that went a little too far. After we put it together and attached the bed, we both did comment that it looked nice. However, that night, both of our pillows (and our heads) wound up inside the shelves. My bed is most definitely a lower bed and not the best quality, so I didn
The headboard was exactly what we had been looking for for our daughter's room. The color was perfect and the headboard was easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was the same as the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Very frustrated that delivery was lost, then inexplicably, my order was cancelled. I was stuck with half the parts. Finally got the bed and matching headboard. Poor design led to nails coming through where they are seen on the front! No guides were on the reverse of the wood. Parts were also missing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average
Fits a queen bed perfectly. Assembly was typical flat pack-- with twist cam fasteners and pegs. It helps to have a second person to assist, but you can do it yourself if need be. TIP: For long term durability, I always use some carpenters' wood glue to strengthen the joints on this type of furniture. It won't bond well to the laminate finish, so I only use it for any joint where unfinished pieces meet. Glue will bond to the back, though, even though it has a white finish-it is a different material than the rest of the pieces. The back is a good place to use glue, as the using both glue and the nails to attach the back will give the unit a lot of rigidity.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? white is white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality- the holes lined up, good even finish on everything.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good enough.
This headboard arrived with all the parts intact. When we put it together, though, the screws that we were instructed to pound "gently" in halfway to fasten the top board went thru the board and broke the surface. We now have to figure out what to do to the top to hide this defect. We pounded the screws only in a third of the way. I'm thinking other people have had this problem. The top board needs to be thicker. Other than that, the headboard looks good and I like it. A shame about the top, and most visible board!
We're very happy with this headboard. It fits in well with the white built-in bookcases in our bedroom. It allowed us to put the books we use most often right behind us while we're in bed, and our favorite decorative items on top. Practical as well as pleasing to the eye. My husband cut out a hole on the bottom of each side so we could slide our bedframe back another 2-3 inches, gaining us more space at the foot of the bed.
I needed a headboard in guest bedroom. Great product, needs a handyman to assemble. Once assembled it blends very well and exceptionally useful. I strongly recommend it. But I do caution that it is not easy to assemble, I was fortunate to have a handyman who assembled it perfectly. My wife loves it..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? EXACTLY
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXCELLENT MORE THAN I EXPECTED
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100 %
The assembly was fairly simple and the holes lined up. The quality in on par with the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price - some asembly required
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love this headboard! It has saved me getting a second nightstand and provides great spot for my books, alarm clock and 'secrets'... It's well made, heavy and sturdy
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great