I would recommended this to a friend who needed to put together an armoire for immediate use and has not had luck finding exactly what they want. I have been surprised and disappointed how much this piece of furniture smells of formalin. I believe the particle board must continue to off-gas for some time. Very useful piece, but think twice before putting in a room with a baby or a room with poor ventilation.
The finishes armoire looks great but took FOREVER to build. Like 4-5 hours. The person who put this together has put together all my *** furniture and several pieces from *** and *** and this by far took longer than anything. The directions weren't quite crystal clear and there are a TON of parts. I'm happy with the finished product though. It looks nice and holds plenty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? 100%
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
This was easy enough to assemble. I'm a 50+ woman and put this together by myself in about 2 1/2 hours. I ended up having to take it apart early on as I hadn't paid attention to pointing the holes for the molding strip on the fixed shelf, so learn from my mistake and take care on this (same with lining up the door/hinge holes). Hanging the doors was a little tricky so you may need help here. Finally, I left the drawers out to leave room for blankets (using the second shelf as a bottom), which was more useful for me. I'm very happy with the way the finished product looks - it gets the job done for not a lot of money, was not much trouble to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Everything was good quality and there were no chips, all holes were in the right places.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I have just finished remodeling our house. I know how to build things, as the other readers stated: THE INSTRUCTIONS SUCK. Put the whole thing together to find out that I need to take it back apart to flip a shelf around. It is a nice product for the cost. It is particle board after all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was decent.
If you've been looking to purchase this armoire don't hesitate. I needed a smaller cupboard in my walk-in closet and this fit my needs perfectly. It's not just for a child as most people were saying. You'll be amazed. Plenty of room, although I did ask my husband to make me an extra shelf by cutting a pre-laminated white board to fit. LOVE IT..! OS does it again. No complaints. And husband loves putting things together and had no complaints.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The perfect white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, heavy and a good product for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was spot on with color and dimensions. I love this armoire.
I love the Armoire. It is the perfect size for the room in which it is used. It was somewhat difficult to assemble and the doors were difficult to align perfectly. Nevertheless, I am very satisfied with the product and would recommend it to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Armoire is good quality, but it is also VERY heavy; it is a good idea to build it in the room that you intend to use it in. The directions are not as precise as they could be regarding positioning of the boards when assembling--be sure everything is how it should be before you tighten everything. The Armoire is spacious and is able to hold a lot of my toddler's clothing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? white is white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice solid piece
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
The intructions leave out much detail. You need to be careful to walk through each step and look ahead so as to not miss any details. I quit handy but still had some trouble. The fron doors need to be carefully adjusted or they will not match up. The entire closet wobles and that changes the alignment of the two doors??? Nice fiinish but a little small.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A little cheap but the price was also reasonable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Great purchase for the price and you can't beat free shipping. I received the product in about a week and it looks great in my 4-year-old daughter's bedroom. It is very sturdy and she uses it as a wardrobe to hang her clothes. My husband took about an 1 1/2 to assemble it, although he stated the instructions lacked details. It is important to insert the blue dowels as they make the unit a little more sturdy. Sturdy enough, not to attach to the wall. It is a heavy piece of furniture as well. I would definitely recommend it to other people.
This is a decent quality, respectable wardrobe for the price. Yes, it's mostly particle board, but you're not paying for real wood throughout. You have the choice of either inserting a shelf in the top portion or hanging clothes, but you can't do both unless you are hanging very small clothes. Make sure you check the dimensions; it is medium-sized, not large, and is more suitable for child-sized clothing. It is usable for teens as a supplementary piece, but it is not really for adults. It assembles very easily in about 1.5-2 hours if you have built these kinds of pieces before. If you have not, the instructions can be confusing and lack detail, but just use common sense and be prepared to disassemble some pieces (like the runners for the drawers) if you make a mistake. All you need is a screwdriver and hammer. Overall, it is a dependable, functional piece of furniture, and I would recommend it to others, so long as you know you are not getting a high-quality, all wood piece of furniture.
Do not buy this product. The instructions were lacking details making for a frustrating assembly. Once assembled I find this to be a low quality, flimsy, nearly unusable product. DO NOT put too much weight inside the drawers if you want to get use from them.
I LIKE IT A LOT AND IT WAS EASY TO PUT TOGETHER INSTRUCTIONS WERE VERY EASY AND SIMPLE .IT IS OF POOR QUALITY BUT FOR THE PRICE IT IS NOT TO BAD .BUT I DONT THINK I WOULD GIVE IT A RECOMMENDATION FOR THE FACT THAT IT IS POOR QUALITY.....
Obviously for this money, you are not getting a super solid piece, but considering the price it is the perfect armoire for a child's room. A couple of pieces were missing and they have been sent, but that added another two weeks onto my assembly time. It does go together fairly well, but do follow the directions very carefully. I put one piece on the wrong side and in the process of removing it to put it on the other side it cracked. Overall, not a bad value.
After assembling the Winslow bed, the armoire was a lot simpler to assemble. There was minor damage to one of the sides, and the drilled holes did not match up in one area. Thank goodness I had someone helping me who knew how to correct those errors. Otherwise, I would have been stuck. It is the perfect size for my daughter's clothes, though, and I don't regret ordering it.