The bed is nice enough. Not hefty but not ridiculously light either. Looks good. [I'm not especially enthusiastic because I changed my mind about the design of the room it goes in.] Gender neutral.NOTE: The side rails are twin XL. You will need a twin XL mattress, or to change the rails.
I love the look of this bed in my boys room. The head and foot boards are transparent enough to place the bed in front of a window without blocking the view or the light. This is a gender neutral bed and would look great in a girl's room as well. The bed went together easily- my son put it together in 20 min. by himself. A twin XL mattress fits perfectly. There are 2 height options for mattress placement. We put the mattress on a enclosed sheet of plywood in the higher placement and plan to put a trundle mattress underneath.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice Quality, heavy frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I bought this bed for my teenage son. It is one of the few products from overstock that has disappointed me. We kept it, but it just looks a Iittle "cheap". Since it was a very reasonable price, I figured I got what I paid for. I assembled it in about 35 minutes and my mechanical skills leave a lot to be desired.
This one was a difficult review. I put the frame together, then put on the head board. I tried putting on the foot board but the frame was bent. I couldn't attach the foot board but called overstock and they helped me either my issue. I'll never know though if the frame is indeed for an XL twin bed or not. The frame is great considering what I paid for it.
The color of this product is not "pewter with a hint of black." It is gloss black-the very definition of gloss black. In the twin size (which is actually a twin XL), the bed looks institutional, like a WWII hospital bed. Despite being disappointed with the color and its appearance, it is a sturdy bed.
The bed seemed fine but the color was not at all as described. Very disappointing! I returned the bed and was happy with how fast and friendly that process was. I purchased the Fenton bed instead and am very happy! In the future I will pay close attention to the customer reviews.
Bought this in twin size for a guest bedroom. Assembly was easy and we set it up to use a trundle under the regular mattress. It fits my needs; the bed will not be used very often. The "knobs" on the ironwork are not at all detailed. It is sturdy, but looks like about what I paid for it and no more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product is blacker than I anticipated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
In addition to being disappointed about the color, in reading other reviews, comments seemded to indicate the size is actually a twin XL, not a twin. We are moving and I unfortuantely will not be assembling the bed for a couple of months. it will be disappointing if the bed size is larger than the mattress we have. And I bought two of these.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was not as shown. It was described as a pewter wit ha touch of black, but it was more like a hematite - metallic black color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears solid.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color described inaccurately, everything else seems accurate.
above says it all - easy to assemble - about 20 minutes. color was darker then on the pic/website but still worked good for our guest room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual color was darker then on pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality, easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I had previously purchased this same bed from a local department store but paid $100 dollars more, so I was very happy with the price. The design fits into almost any decor and I am happy with how it looks and the construction. The only problem is that the directions for assembly are not really clear. It did take me a little extra time to assemble it. Overall, I am very happy with this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? about the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very happy with the overall quality. The bed frame itself did have some chipped paint, but once you have the box spring and mattress on it , it does not show. very sturdy frame.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on target.
This product looked really good when put together. Loved the product and the price. Not impressed with the delivery, who just left it in the driveway. Also it was very complicated to purchase because Overstock.com doesn't allow for purchasers with billing addresses outside the US. This is a substantial part of the online market and a business the size of Overstock.com needs to fix this to facilitate business not discourage it. I really like the products this company offers and the prices and would purchase more often with them if they didn't have this unreasonable barrier.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? very good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes