Bought this a little over year ago for my (then) 6 year old son. He had a little trouble transitioning from a toddler bed to the loft bed. But, once he got the hang of it he loved the bed! My husband and I put the bed together within a few hours. We did encounter a few steps where the screws didn't match the instructions or the pre-drilled holes were a slightly off. All in all, the install was fairly smooth. We've had to disassemble and reassemble the bed twice already and it is just as sturdy as day one. Not bad. I would definitely recommend!
it is very hard to put together. The screws go in places where your fingers much less a screwdriver does not fit on the drawers and desk. The drawers have a stop attached so they don't come all the way out - good for use, bad for assembly. But the bed portion is easy to get together and the slat system is very easy to install. I would pay a little extra next time and try a different brand but my kids loves it and I think it is safe and it looks nice once we had it together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color does match - it is a lovely black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pine is a very soft wood and shows dings very quickly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description is accurate
This is more than a bed. It serves as a desk for homework and storage space for clothing and books! The wood is not mahogany so be very careful not to scratch. No joiners here so assembly time was about 2 hours. Overall its very functional.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
My brother, who has been designing and installing kitchens (and making furniture on the side) for 20 years, had problems putting this together. Directions were horrible. Definitely need a drill to line pieces up. Took him an entire day. Once it was together, the bed was fine and as expected. Assembly just not for a novice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as Expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality decent for price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product description on website was fine. Assembly instructions were horrible.