There should be another word other than "stand" for this item since it is a beautiful addition to our living room. It functions as much more than just a stand. One nice surprise was the glass panels. They are clear in the photo. We received glass panels that are more of a corrugated glass on the inside that really adds to the beauty of the table. You can still see items through the glass. It is just a very nice effect with what we actually received vs. plain, clear glass. Be ready to do some major unpacking. There is a very large amount of various packing materials inside the box, and styrofoam beads flake off of the polystyrene sheets. But, it is all necessary to protect the furniture and glass. The faux top hardly seems "faux." It is very nice, and really adds to the table. The quality exceeds the cost charged in our opinion. We searched several sites and many stands and units before making this decision. Some were hundreds of dollars more than this unit. We are very happy with our selection and with the nice furniture addition it makes to our room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This matched quite well. The product exceeded the description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality exceeded our expectation.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is very accurate.
I was Pleased with this product, It seems pretty sturdy and easy to assemble. It looks great in our media room. I only gave four stars because of the fact that it was not explained in detail what Faux Marble was. I did not realize that it was not real marble, They could have been a little more informitive about that. All in all it still looks great and a Item that we will enjoy for a long time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty good, we were looking for something a little dark and thats what we got!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was pretty pleased with the product quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
Having decided on a midrange price for middle income folk, and with no allusions of grandeur, I was able to score this piece within budget, including tax. I had read reviews for a few similar pieces and noted that there was something called "white glove" service to which others claimed to had been stiffed. I didn't have any indication this was the case for this product. What I found disturbing was, sitting at home, and in view of the front door transoms, I didn't notice any delivery person, not so much as a ding dong ditch. I happened to the front door and saw the bohemouth product sitting on my top porch step. Shoving it through the door and over the entry point, I let it sit in the foyer until the Mr. arrived to assemble it. The item was packaged in two boxes; like opening a small present stuffed into smaller boxes. The outer box was damaged and that did have me concerned. As we unwrapped the product the packaging was mountainous and left so much debris we are not sure we'll be able to complete the clean up. Troubling was that there were screws, etc left alone to travel the course; they were not in a plastic bag or anything. After sifting through the packing materials not once, not twice, but three times we finally found all the necessary items. We did find the directions, thankfully. The assessment of Mr. was that it had been previously put together, noting that typically when purchasing an item that needs assembly the washers are not attached to the screws. Personally I was appalled that we had to sift through each section of the product, each aspect of the packing materials, etc. to locate the wayward screws. It was very cumbersome. Once the item was assembled the look was nice. We went for this piece over another because we wanted to place items on the top, if need be, without leaving mug rings et al on the wood. Someone posted they thought it would be real marble. At this price? Come on. It's faux. And, it's nice nonetheless. I would probably buy this product again, though I'm not convinced that I would be able to purchase something else from Overstock without wondering if it is, indeed, overstock or prepurchased then returned...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent product for the money; solid construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
it is a beautiful piece of furniture but a bear to put together. packaging was very secure but styrofoam breaks into tiny specks that i will be finding long after the last tree needle is vacuumed up months from now. plus, the screws, etc are in a very thin plastic bag which had broken open...screws large and small were dispursed throughout the packaging. still, gorgeous when done, just what we wanted
I was very excited when I found this product, it's a beautiful piece. My main concern with it is that the directions are ridiculous! There are six steps, but within those six steps are actually eighteen steps. It doesn't tell you what to do first, or how to do it. The bag of hardware was not sealed, so there were screws everywhere. Very few of the pieces matched up, so we were forced to re-drill and re-assemble the pre-assembled piece! We finally finished around the four hour mark. As I said before, the piece itself is beautiful; it's just what you have to deal with to get there.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chips and scratches everywhere
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
We had been looking for something like this for quite awhile and this is really nice. Just what we wanted. The main part of it came dented but Overstock was quick to correct that and I really liked doing business with them. One person mentioned how messy the packing was. I remember reading that and thinking how bad COULD it be!! The person was accurate--I have never seen such a mess. Open it in a confined space or you will be vacuuming for over an hour!! However, that was minimal compared to the end result of having the product in the end. You will be very happy with your purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty accurate-the photo might make the wood a little more red than it is.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice. Looks nice and seems very sturdy and perfect for my need.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
When this arrived I didn't expect it to be as heavy as it was but it is very heavy! I bought this because of the reviews that were given for this product. One of the reviews stated that it only took 30 minutes to put together - it took us 3 hours because we had to redrill some of the holes. The glass is very nice in the doors and the faux marble is awesome! I love this piece of furniture but wish it would not have been so difficult to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was right on with the description and picture!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very heavy - some of the holes that were drilled out by the factory didn't totally line up so we had to retap some of the holes.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate