Very smart looking box. The biggest complaint I have is I can not leave it out in the open. It must be under cover. There are gaps between the "wicker" reeds and anything I put it in would get soaked. Also, it will not hold anything heavy due to the fact the bottom panel just lays inside. For the most part, it stores my gardening tools, furniture covers and bird seed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality not as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? semi-accurate
Love this box but...The wicker is woven and not waterproof. The to [and bottom] are flat and lined w/plastic- top collects water and then when opened the water goes inside. I am going to use it in the house because it really is attractive. It was easy to assemble. The bottom just lays on a ridge from the sides so water will dry out and maybe it would dry from the top if left till it evaporated naturally but don't try opening after a rain!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality wicker.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I have seen storage deck boxes at local stores that are very nice and priced about the same as this item. However, what arrived was a cheap imitation that had holes in the top that allows rain water and dirt to enter. Although I notifed Overstock immediately, and they promised to replace, I never received a replacement nor did I hear further from Overstock even though I continued to follow-up by email. I would not recomment this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor construction quality, cheaply made, it even arrived damaged although the shipping box was fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This item is of poor value and is not suitable for outdoor useage.
I like having the outdoor storage chest for pillows & towels. The sides & top come lined with plastic however the bottom does not. If you plan to leave this out during the rain season or next to a sprinkler don't expect the contents to remain dry or mold free year round. But knowing that I will just not leave out during the winter/ rain season. It was never advertised as waterproof. It was quite easy for me to assemble alone quickly as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate
For the price I paid I do not feel the quality matched. I had to assemble the entire box, and the lid, not matter what I tried, is sitting somewhat off center on top of the box. The instructions were terrible! It looks pretty and as pictured, but for the price I feel you don't get what you paid for.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is not as high as expected for price
We needed a "matching" piece of furniture to store chair covers and other small gardening tools, on our front porch. This box in white was the exact piece to make it all look really good. Easy to assemble (yes, some assembly required) and very sturdy. Price point was good and shipping was quick. Overstock is easy to do business with and trust worthy!
This is advertised as an outdoor storage but it was exactly what I wanted for my "lady's" room. It is designed in a Tuscan style an acts as a sewing room, guest bedroom and play area for my grandchildren. This looks pretty and hides the toys until needed.
This is a great looking storage solution but I would only recommend it be used outside if it is under some sort of cover as the edges are not tight fitting. Lots of room to store cushions or garden tools. And - BTW - it does NOT come assembled - so be prepared to put it together!