I took a chance and ordered this chair even though there were no reviews on it. It arrive in one piece - I'll I had to do was screw on the legs which took only a couple of minutes. The chair itself is great. The shape is good and its larger than most occasional chairs that you can find. The nailheads are an awesome accent and are nailed in well. There are some small inconsistencies in the fabric where it appears to be wrinkled, but only in some spots. For the most part, its taut all around. Comfort - its pretty good. Firm, but a decent bounce to it. The back doesn't give a ton of support, but for an occasional chair it will work fine. If you are looking for a true grey chair, this is NOT the chair for you. I initially thought it was going to be a true grey, but it ended up being a taupe or brownish grey. I would even say that the chair is more brown than grey. Fortunately, the color still works in my space, so I'll be keeping it. Its a great neutral color (and its not a uniform color - reminds me of a men's blazer jacket, hence the "menswear grey" color in the description ;) I searched high and low for the perfect chair. Looks wise, this is it. Quality wise, could be better.. but for the price, I don't think it can be beat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more of a brownish grey or taupe than the grey shown on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
When I first opened them I thought they were too dark. But the color has grown on me. It is more of a dark taupe gray-brown. These chairs are exactly what I wanted - clean lines, modern & stylish, yet still very traditional. The fabric is better quality than I was anticipating - you never know what you are going to get from a picture and my experience is that it's always worse than you'd hope, but this was not the case. I love the texture in the fabric - a testament to it's quality. The nail-head trim isn't as precise as I'd hoped but for this price it's still good . The legs are a little difficult to get rotated in the correct place while still being tight, but it too is good enough. The cushion is ok - I'm sure it will break in with time. I shopped around locally for chairs and most were double the price of this. My only disappointment in this product were a few inconsistencies in the fabric - a fabric bulge here or there but not enough for me to take the time in exchanging it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was a lot darker than the picture shows.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I ordered 2 of these chairs to put in our living room. We have a large living room. I was very excited when I saw the width of this chair is 34inches! We have a oversized couch, and we need big wing chairs to fill in the rest of the space. However, the actual chair is only 30inches wide! I am very disappointed. These chairs are gorgerous, so I decided to keep them - I don't want to go thru the hassle to return them either. I just wish OS would provide more accurate dimensions, becasue they are VERY important when you purchase a piece of furniture online. I still give it a 5 star, just coz the actual chair is VERY beautiful!!!! and the nail heads are all in line and they are gorgeous!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual chair is darker gray than what it shows online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Color is more like a dark gray, and the dimensions were WRONG! it is 30 inches wide, not 34inches wide
I love this chair, and I'm so glad I bought it. It looks like it costs a lot more than it does; saw similar looking ones in stores that were a lot more expensive. Best of all for me, the assembly could not have been easier (I hate assembling furniture with confusing instructions and a lot of screws). All you have to do is literally screw the legs into the bottom of the chair and it's ready to go!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color seems to me a grayish-brown tweed, looks very good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I find that the quality is fine, looks great next to the fireplace, lots of compliments from people who see it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
I love this chair. Neutral fabric looks great with my Killm ottoman and pillows. Fairly comfortable with addition of pillow for lumbar support. I don't agree with the reviews that suggest this is an uncomfortable chair. I enjoy reading the paper every morning in this chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than expected. Fabric is textured and neutral
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality with nailheads evenly spaced
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I had read the other reviews that the nailhead trim was uneven, but purchased it anyway because the stock photo didn't look that bad, and the other reviewers said the unevenness wasn't bad enough to send the chair back for return. Well maybe I got one worse than theirs, because the nailhead trim on the chair I received was extremely uneven. It was the first thing I noticed and then became the only thing I noticed. The nailheads on the front part of the chair weren't even close to be even. Several were significantly higher/lower than the others. I otherwise really liked the chair but spending what I did to get sloppy workmanship wasn't something I was willing to settle for, so I sent the chair back. Very disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality chair, poor quality details - uneven naileheads
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Overall the quality is good, however the back could use more cushion. My husband said it felt like someone forgot to put in a layer of foam. However, these are guest chairs in our living room and we don't sit in them to lounge around. It's a great chair for the money. The height of the back, curved arms, and nailheads all make it unique and stylish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is slightly darker than the photo online. It's a tweed fabric that I would consider closer to a charcoal gray. It's great for hiding stains.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall the quality is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Loved these chairs! I am a bit of a perfectionist and am always hesitant to order larger purchases online..but wow! Glad I did. The chairs are beautiful and comfortable...a little on the firm side, but that is what I was hoping for. I am using them in the Master Bedroom sitting area so they won't get tons of use but they look very well made.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as desribed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as described
I recieved two of these chairs within 3 days of ordering them. The boxes were a little beaten up, but the chairs were just fine. Easy to assemble, just screw the legs on them. The color is a little more greenish grey (barely), but I was expecting blue grey. It wasn't a deal breaker in my design scheme, but something you might want to consider. Very sturdy, very handsome. I would buy them again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is a little different than the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
We bought a pair of these chairs for our living room and we are so pleased with them! They are firm, but these chairs are not for tv viewing, they are for pulling together a very attractive living room! They don't seem cheap at all and look like something you would buy at Williams Sonoma Home- very classic, yet updated with the chrome/nickel trim. Very happy with these chairs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close- it is a ribbed chenille type of fabric
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, firm, large chrome nailheads instead of cheap dinky ones
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
Beautifully constructed and very easy to put together. Also quite comfortable! The only reason I didn't give five stars is the photo doesn't accurately depict the color fabric. This chair is more of a charcoal color but still lovely and elegant! I bought two for our home
Perfect wing chair for staging purposes; Easy to pair with any type of sofa, fairly well built, good price/quality ratio. However, I would never buy this for my own use, definitely not comfortable. Look is good, comfort is something else...
in love with these sturdy elegant chairs .l The neutral tone of the textured fabric is perfect for my seasonal changes in accessories and draperies and rugs! I just wish Overstock offered slipcovers specifically for the Whitmore Wing Chair Best Robert, San Francisco CA
The quality is unbelievably poor. The fabric is nice but I was sitting in the chair when one of the legs straight up broke off. No horsing around, literally just sitting talking with guests. The wood leg split in half. I strongly recommend against buying this chair.
We are very happy with the chairs. They look very sharp and well-made and were easy to put together. There is a little puckering on the fabric in a few places, but overall fantastic. These chairs are a bit firm when you sit down, but aren't uncomfortable and they are my kids' favorite sitting spot now.
I ordered 2 of these chairs for our master bedroom sitting area. They look amazing! They were delivered in perfect condition. Just needed to screw in the feet. Some reviews stated the nailheads were uneven and crooked. Not the case for my chairs... the nailheads look great! The color is a little more brown than pictured (but definitely with some gray tones.) Our bedroom is painted a greige color, so these chairs look amazing. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because they are not very comfortable. My husband quickly pointed that out the first time he sat in one. It doesn't bother me... they are rarely sat in and are definitely more for look. Couldn't be happier with this purchase!