The desk was a perfect fit for my 11 year old daughter's room. It's a good size and was easy to put together except for the drawer. The opening was wider than it should have been so the drawer wouldn't slide onto the tracks. My husband had to add some washers to make the drawer work properly.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is good.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
The quality was poorer than I expected: instructions were inverted, the back of the desk doesn't have a finished feel and you can see the screws, and the process of attaching the keyboard drawer actually led me to look for better fitting screws because the ones that came were too short and didn't secure well this part of the desk. Disappointing.
I was so excited when I found this desk, I was perfect for my 10 yr olds bedroom. I was even more excited that it was SOLID WOOD per the title and the description. It was missrepresented. The desk legs are sold wood, the trim is solid wood, but the top of the desk and drawer are particle type board, DEFINATELY not what I consider solid wood. I contacted Overstock and they made it right by giving me free return shipping. Very dissapointed.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? NOT SOLID WOOD AS DESCRIBED
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? NO - THE ITEM IS NOT SOLID WOOD AS DESCRIBED
In a 1000 sq ft home, we searched for the exact right porportioned desk to fit in our living room to createa home office. With same width shelving hanging high above it, the whole look is clean and looks built in. As others have said the drawer was pre-drilled wrong, but with measuring easily fixed. Only problem: computer chords are exposed. i will be tacking them to the back of the desk then taping to the leg closest to the power strip. Still looks great. My kids have yet to gunk it up too, so its resilient.
The desk is exactly what I wanted and expected based on the photos, product measurements, and other reviews. I wasn't home when my husband put it together, but he didn't mention any trouble putting the drawer together (a complaint some other reviewers mentioned). The only 'downside' to this desk is that our mouse doesn't work when placed directly on the desk (it worked directly on the surface with our previous desk and is supposed to work without a mousepad). Nevertheless, this problem is easily remedied by getting a mousepad.
The desk is exactly what I needed. A simple desk to fit in a specific space. I like that the drawer is made for a keyboard. It was easy to put together and doesn't look like it came in a box.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color on site matches actual product color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy desk, well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description was accurate.
The paint on the desk chips very easily and anything that you may slide over it scratches easily. It also took a long while to get the drawer in. ( A little tricky) If it where just for looks and not utility, I would say it was a fine desk but for daily use....not good at all because of all the marks on top when placing things upon it. Perhaps its because it is white.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was just as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks nice but not efficient.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Desk description on looks was excellent
I bought this desk to use as a study desk for one of my kids. It is made of wood and no particle board, so it is a great deal for the price. It looks very nice too. There was a problem with assembling the tracks for the drawers because the drill holes were in the wrong place.
Exactly what we were looking for. Assembly went well, all the pieces were included and the directions were easy to follow. Setup is not our strength and we didn't have any problems.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good white, matched the pottery barn furniture already in the room.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, sturdy and usable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I was pleasantly surprised by this desk. A little nervous about the purchase due to mixed reviews, but went ahead anyway after shopping around. Couldn't beat the price and loved the simplicity and color of the desk. Assembly really was quite easy because you just have to put the legs on and put the drawer together. Putting the drawer into the desk was a little difficult, but I called the number on the instructions and they were able to walk me through the process. Not so difficult after they explained it to me - just make sure you've attached the tracks to the drawer the right way - THIS IS KEY - then line the drawer tracks up with the tracks on the desk and and slowly slide the drawer in. I felt a little silly for having to call, but they were super helpful. The finished product seems really solid and the desk top is also bigger than I expected. This really is a great desk and I would purchase it again if I were to do it over.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems very solid and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Love this desk. Its super easy to put together, simply attach the legs and assemble the drawer. The white is prettier than I thought it would be and is very sturdy. I love that the drawer face drops down to allow for usage. I may buy another!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than expected!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate