I really like these guys. If you're a furniture enthusiast like me, you can tell by the plastic that the seats are made of that these are not original eames chairs. nevertheless, who cares!? They look great, and the dimensions match the eames originals. the only difference is that the eames are made out of fiberglass, and these are some form of plastic. The cool part is the plastic could easily be spray painted to another color and then you could never tell!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? they are plain white, just like the pics
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the chairs seem sturdy and well constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Read all the other reviews before purchasing these chairs so I had realistic expectations. Initially ordered just 4 chairs to test the quality and the look when used with a large rustic farmhouse table. Looks good so I ordered 4 more. Some of the finish on the wire legs is flaking off and rough, but the white plastic chair forms are fine. I'd return the legs if it wasn't such a hassle to ship back (would be too expensive). Easy assembly, took 5 minutes per chair. Comes with 4 felt pads to stick on bottom of each leg. I want to purchase felt chair cushions to soften the chair seats, but those are not sold in the United States, only in Europe.
I barely used these chairs, and they don't look white anymore. They starting to look like the off-white electronics from the 80s. I have heard before that ABS plastic turns yellow with age, but I did not expect that to be so soon. If you want to replace your dining chairs every year, go ahead and order it (they do look really cool). But quality is just not there! I wish I made a different choice.
We received the chairs with arms that we ordered first and fell in love with them. Then we received these 4 chairs to go with the arm chairs at our dining table. They are not as sturdy as the arm chairs, but are fine. We are happy with them as dining chairs. Don't get me wrong, they're great chairs, I'm just so happy with the same chairs with arms, that it's hard not to compare them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little bit off-white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate enough
These chairs are easy to put together. They arrived within a reasonable time period and in new condition. I ordered them to replace the chairs in our office lounge, and so far they have withstood an office of mostly men. The only issue that I have had with them is that they aren't stackable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same as online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These chairs are comfortable and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I love these chairs. They are very good quality, feel sturdy and look amazing with my Saarinen table.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Always liked Eames-style fiberglass shell chairs and these looked like a decent and inexpensive reproduction. The chair shell is a textured, heavy duty plastic. It offers a little spring and bounce as you sit and move. They are quite comfortable -- I sat for over two hours at dinner during the weekend and was never uncomfortable. Both the legs and the shell are sturdy. The spacing between the legs is a little narrow, but it's nothing I won't get used to. The feet are plastic and are a pressure fit. I'm a little worried they'll be the first things to fail. For now, on a rug under the dinner table, they're great though. Assembly was a breeze. Other customers comment on how the holes don't align, but this wasn't my experience. The leg assembly only fits one way. It appears designed to be a snug fit so that as you tighten down the bolts, the attachment points deform correctly into the plastic bumpers making a stable attachment. What worked well for me was to mount all bolts loosely by hand. Then I gradually tightened them down in a cross pattern (like bolts on your car wheels). Bolts and attachment hardware are beefy -- never felt I'd strip anything as I cranked down on them. Shipping was okay -- about what I expected. I was shocked at the packaging. Very thin cardboard and almost no padding save for one flimsy bit of cardboard between the seat and the legs. The box itself was smashed up and had holes punched through where the legs had battered the cardboard from inside. I'm surprised and relieved that there was no damage. The legs were wrapped to prevent scuffing, and the hardware attachment points were covered to prevent damage in shipping. Overall, a good value. I'd recommend them to friends and buy them again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good build quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love these chairs. They came in perfect condition, each steel leg individually wrapped and the seats wrapped separately. The architectural looking base is absolutely gorgeous and the chairs are comfortable and super easy to care for. This is the best purchase I've made on Overstock given the price of the set and the quality of this product. The only negative was the lack of assembly instructions accompanied by 4 bags filled with various nuts and bolts and an allen wrench, but I used my eyeballs and soon pieced it together fine.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Steel and Heavy Duty Plastic that easily wipes clean
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I got these chairs because they look like a certain very expensive chair that I like, but I could get four for the price of one designer brand. I got them and they arrived, quickly, were easy to put together. and are comfortable and beautiful. I would recommend these for sure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description
these chairs are sturdy and beautiful......they can hold my fat ** 300lbs up with no problem and they are rather comfortable! they were easy to assemble even though there were no instructions.....i figured my college and post college degree plus years of putting together ikea furniture could help and boy did it! assembly was rather easy, a bit tedious since there were 4 chairs, but all it took me was 30 min and voila, awesome chairs!