I love the dimensions of this kitchen cart. And a good value for what you might compare it with. It did take two tries. The first one had a split in the the butcher block top that went all the way through. I contacted Overstock about the return process and I had a perfect replacement within a few days. Assembly was relatively easy. I would recommend this piece for price and style and functionality.
This is a good looking piece however it is a bit on the wobbley side. I wish it had provided wood glue and instructed that to be added for stability. It fits really nicely just where I wanted it and it holds the microwave and some of my knifes nicely. You have to be careful when you pull out the drawer. It took a while to put together. Some of the instructions were a bit hard to figure out, glad I had a handy man there to help me with this project.
Purchased this as a Christmas gift. Price was great (used 15% off coupon) and shipping was fast. Item arrived with no damage and parts were of good quality. The perfect amount of extra counter top space and storage for a small kitchen. Gift recipient was beyond happy!
I am very pleased with this cabinet. The workmanship is excellent and I like the fact I can wheel it wherever the need. I like everything about it, however one of the screws was too short for the drawer and we needed to purchase another. The only problem I had to have someone assist with the construction. The diagram needs to be redone to allow lay people to understand how to put it together. Otherwise this is a very good purchase.
The cart came as described on the web site. The assembly instructions were pretty easy to follow with a couple of exceptions. It wasn't clear in a couple of instances regarding which size screws were to be used. A couple of the small pieces came broken but a call to Catskill, who makes the cart, got the parts sent, without cost, and I received it in a couple of days after the call. Definetly a good choice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost an identical match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.
This product came quickly and well packaged. It is WHITE, not cream. It was pretty easy to put together, but two of the handle screws were too short, so we will have to replace those. The size is as described. It is a bit cheap looking, but works for my dysfunctional rental kitchen. When we move, I can probably sell it on craigslist for $25 if that gives you any indication of how impressive it is in person. I actually would expect to pay less for the same product in a big box discount store. Oh well, you win some, you lose some and most don't really matter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is white, not cream.
pros: right size for my kitchen; quality is ok; functions well cons: the knife "block" is useless - just an empty box on the side, and you hope the knives don't fall through (i didn't bother to install it); the color wasn't what I wanted (shown as cream; actually bright white)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? picture had cream color; island is bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. reasonable quality for the price; knife "block" is terrible . . . just an open slat; knives would likely just fall through; I didn't install it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Great product for the price was tough to put together and directions could have been better but once together it is great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More white than appeared on site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I had read a number of reviews before I started putting the cart together, so it was no problem at all. The top would have been difficult but my husband suggested that I use an ice pick to line up the holes so I could put the screws in to attach the top. I did remove the top drawer glide so I could get to the area to insert the screws for the top, and then reattached it. I agree that the knife holder is useless, but I don't need it anyway. I am using the cart in my pantry for my heavy mixer and a Cuisinart blender/food processor combo unit. There is plenty of room on the shelf, in the drawer, and the cabinet to store all my mixing bowls, baking supplies, and accessories, and it rolls easily into my kitchen when I need to use it in there. The drop-leaf is perfect for creating extra counter space. I could not be more pleased with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is quite well made and very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
This kitchen cart had easy to follow directions but was extremely time consuming to put together. I would recommend two people putting this together. The material it is made out of is very sturdy. I keep the leaf up on the cart all the time because I need the extra space and it fits perfect in my small kitchen. This cart was extremely helpful when I made my christmas cookies and doing daily cooking tasks. There is a large storage cabinet on the bottom which could fit two kitchen aid mixers. The middle space is open and holds my large crockpot and a few cookbooks and the top drawer is large as well. The knife holder on the side is useless in my opinion. I do not like having knives out like that but for someone who does not have another knife holder it might be useful. Overall this is a good product for the money for a small kitchen.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as promised
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This cart went together easy, was very sturdy when assembled and suits the purpose I intended it for, it rolls very easy and serves as extra storage, the drop leaf is a great feature.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as depicted
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, and is sturdy when assembled
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Cart matches description online
Originally I was going to get a stock cabinet, then I saw this on line which had the cabinet and counter top all in one. Very satisfied with the style and the roominess of the compartments. White finish of the cabinet is so nice as well as the finish of the wood top.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very fine quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on
This is great kitchen cart, and for a modular unit, is very sturdy. The caster wheels are wonderful, and it makes it much easier to work in my kitchen. The assembly is not extremely difficult. but some of the directions are a bit vague. All in all great value.
Everything went together perfectly except the pieces securing the top prevented the drawer from closing. We had to do a little carpentry fix to the back of the drawer (saw out two channels) so that it would close. Not the prettiest of fixes, but no one is going to see the inside back of the drawer anyway. The finished product looks terrific and adds a really nice touch to our kitchen. When we are cooking together, the extra area is a tremendous help.