This is a lovely little light to accent a part of a room or even use as a night light. Needed it to brighten a dark corner of a room and it looks good and does the job.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks like pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
These lamps are very attractive and functional. I placed one on each end of a small table between twin beds and used my own 25-watt bulbs. They throw enough light to read by, without disturbing the sleeper in the other bed. Moreover, they are very stable, as the bases are heavy, and they take up very little space on the table. The only shortcoming is that the on-cord switch is 22 inches from the base of the lamp, so you have reach down for it. Overall, I am very pleased.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. one of the two did not function (light didn't come on) but Overstock replaced it promptly
I ordered two of these lamps as night lamps. They arrived on time, very well packaged and included a light bulb. They look excellent on the rosewood nightstands handmade in India that I also purchased from Overstock. They give our master bedroom a touch of elegance. The glass shade has a delicate design which contrasts well with the sturdy metal base. I like to read in bed before going to bed and the lamp has enough light for reading, but does not bother my husband who falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. Very excellent purchase. I recommend it highly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Photo on site is a good representation. Lamp base and glass shade looks even better on the actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. The base is sturdy and has a beautiful intricate design.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? completely accurate
bought it for a gift for someone, paired it with an amber 15 watt bulb, makes a nice source of soft ambiant light in a room. satisfied with the quality of the fixture, the base could have been a little heavier of wider, its something you would want to make sure did not get bumped.
It's a pretty little lamp. Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL of the glass part when you are attatching it to the base. I cracked mine. at the very bottom. I t does not show. Get a tall lightbulb so that you don't have to take the glass piece off when changing the bulb. You will only be able to use your finger tip's to do this. It's a tiny lamp. I think the price was way too high!. I got it for next to nothing after I joined the O Club. Less than $X.XX. Like one other person said, carefully wiggle the top back and forth to get it into the base. The base is Very tight.!!!
The base where glass shade fit around was off center and wouldn't allow for shade to fit down. There was no way to correct it so I returned it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color/appearance was very nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Construction didn't allow shade to be put on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
I ordered two of these lamps to try to add soft lighting to a room. While that worked out somewhat, even with only 15 watt bulbs, the lights are a little hard on the eyes if you look directly at them. The lamp shades are really more of a grey color than white, so when the lamps are not lit, they're a bit stark looking. Still, they work quite well for my purposes, and the price is appropriate.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
First one did not work, returned and promptly received another in a timely fasihion. A good value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as presented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. First one did not work, returned & promptly received another
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described and provides good light
The lamp arrived fully assembled, but without a bulb, so it caused a little concern about buying the right size bulb without instruction. We chose to use the lamp as low lighting in the guest bedroom, it really adds a romantic touch to the decor. Due to the height, I'm not sure this should be described as a buffet lamp. I gave it four stars because of the missing bulb and instructions.
Love this little lamp! It's exactly what I was looking for. It complements my new bedroom set perfectly. The only concern I have is finding light bulbs that are narrow enough to fit. Luckily I happened to have a light bulb that fit from a local speciality light bulb store. I also added felt pads on the bottom so it wouldn't scratch my new dresser. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase.
I'm using this on the bedside table in our guest room. It allows the guest to turn it on if they get up during the night to navigate an unfamiliar room but not be blinded by a strong light or wake their spouse! Then it can be turned off for sleep. It's well made and very elegant. Excellent purchase! I'm trying to figure out where I might use another one!