One of the reviewers here said that Overstock furniture is either hit or miss, well I consider this a miss. Quality of material (painted particle board) and hardware (one of the bolts was made poorly and did not fit into a thingie it was supposed to fit in) is just bad. Putting it together, however, wasn't difficult (I am a lady). Desk part (where you would put your laptop or write) doesn't have enough support in my opinion, but, overall the shelf is very sturdy. I didn't attach it to the wall. I give it 4 stars because it really works for my kids' room. I removed one shelf above the desk-shelf, so that I could put the computer as far to the back as possible. It looks great. It's narrow sideways but it fits a big Mac desktop and a keyboard, and it has enough room in front for homework too. I also have a large Epson printer on the bottom shelf. It looks very compact in a room and bright white matches kids' other furniture perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Subpar
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I love the concept and design, it should have been made out of wood. The screws came right out of the hinges and the hinges were no alligned with the partical board. Too bad, it fits perfectly in my small space, so we are replacing the drop leaf with pine, making it ourselves. don't wasnt to return it, nobody has made anything like it, that I know about, maybe you know another compnay that makes something better, out of wood. I would pay more to have a better product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much whiter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. garbage
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not good, wrong dimensions