I used 3/4 of the growing pot (a lot - too much) grass to get one shot of juice. The screw at the end to control flow is worthless. The grass does not easily come out like it does when I see them juice it for me at the health food store. I had to get tools to pull the grass out and it was very difficult, i'll say extremely difficult to get the remains out of the funnel. I just got the newest "Nutirbullet 900 series" because the lower version doesn't cut the grass, it just wraps around the blade. Hope this helps.
This item does what it is supposed to but is the most basic design. The rotating handle can be hard to use because it slides back and forth and if you don't push it back towards the grinder it will make it fall off the edge of the counter you have it on. I had to put it on the edge of my table because there is not a big enough lip on my cabinet to attach it to. I assume this would be the case for most cabinets. Also you have to take it apart and clean it and let it dry EVERY TIME you use it or it will rest. I cleaned mine but didn't take it apart and it grew some rust. So it is not very convenient if you would be using it everyday like i do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Price reflects quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
product was difficult to use and produced very little juice before you had to break it down and clean it. Teh worst part is that it developed rust after the first use. I returned it for a full refund within 3 days. do not waste your time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very poor
After using quite a few wheat grass juicers... both manual and electric, I decided to go the economical route and purchase a manual crank type juicer. This juicer is utterly and completely useless. It is so poorly constructed that it is inoperable. The worm gear which is meant to press the grass into the juicer is so badly cast that it doesn't even turn in the housing without considerable effort... and that was before I started putting the grass in. Once I decided to make an effort to juice some grass, in hopes that the juicer would "break in", I cranked and cranked and wasted a bunch of good fresh wheat grass... to NO AVAIL. this juicer did not produce even the slightest amount of juice from the fresh grass. I am angry that I wasted my money and my time with this product. My health depends on a consistent supply of juice and this worthless product set me back for days. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. worse than unrefined... downright junk
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? completely inaccurate, this product DOES NOT FUNCTION
This product is very easy to use. It took me a few times of using it before I was able to completely get the hang of it. Since it is cast iron, it has a smell to it that does NOT transfer to the juice and it has a tendency to rust a little. However, I am satisfied with my purchase and I use it every morning.