We bought this mainly for slicing raw meat to have hot pot. We have used it twice so far. It gave very thin slices and the meat slices did taste much better than those you buy at frozen session in Asian grocery store. We also tried to use it to slice ham and cooked beef chunk. Very nice results as well. The machine was not heavy at all. Except the blade, most parts are plastic. I do not like the washing (after use) part, but very bearable since we slice meat only once in a while... We did look at some more expensive machines (in the range of 200-300 dollars), but decide to buy this one given the price and frequency of use. We do not regret.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is more a grey than silver
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is not sturdily built, but it works fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
good slicer with the price of meats was cheaper to buy one of these and buy your own meat to slice great vaule for the price,if there is a flaw it would be use this on a sturdy surface somthing flexible doesn't work so well.but good product
The Weston 7.5 inch meat slicer is exactly what we expected for a meat slicer at this price. We make home made corned beef and needed something to slice it with and this does the trick. Could it be a little sturdier? Yes. But then we could have gotten a much more expensive model. This does the trick for us. It is easy to adjust the blade depth to our needs and it handles well. It does slide on the counter some when using, so we put it on silicone pot holders and that helps. WE would recommend this product to any one who has light needs for a meat slicer like we do.
This is a handy gadget to have in a fully functional kitchen. It's especially good at saving money at the deli by allowing you to slice your own meats, at home, to your personal specifications. It is also the finishing touch to professional level projects that require a smooth, even slice like Italian roast beef, smoked brisket, and roasted turkey. It is a cinch to clean with a minimum of design flaws that allow food to find a hiding place. I give it a 10 for ease of use. It slides smoothly with a minimum of effort. I entertain often and I want a finished, professional look to platters and, for that, this is ideal for slicing tomatoes, cucumbers, and any vegetable. It has smooth action, very good design, and does a superior job. The only way that I can see to improve this slicer, is to make it a bit more compact. It's a very good investment.
exactly as described. Very pleased with our purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well pleased with operation
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I love it for slicing meat for jerky. It was hard to keep it at the same thickness. Had to keep adjusting it. Started to smell smoke after using it hard for 10 minuets. Let it cool off and it worked fine. I think I would spend more money next time and get a bigger motor. It is a lot better than slicing with a knife.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the pic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Hard to keep to the same thickness. but workied well for jerky
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on