I bought the 10 tray some time ago and have only used it a few times. I am very DISPLEASED with this product. I went the cheap route and bought this one instead of buying an Excalibur (I read that the horizontal fan is the best route), which was a big mistake.I¿ll start with the pros, what little there are.Pros:1. It¿s inexpensive.2. It¿s very quiet.3. The trays are dishwasher safe.Cons:1. It does not dehydrate evenly.2. It takes AT LEAST TWICE as long to dehydrate something than what it should.3. I contribute this to it¿s poor design. The trays act as the ¿door¿. This leaves many gaps which lets the hot air escape. I don¿t understand why they would bother building it like this, it makes no sense.4. There is no drip tray. I don¿t know if others have one but my first dehydration ¿project¿ I made jerky and set the meat directly on the tray. Besides the fact that it took way more hours than the instruction booklet said, the juices and such from the meat dripped to the bottom. It¿s a pain in the butt to clean.5. If you pull one tray out, you¿ll likely be pulling out two. They get caught up on one another. It¿s quite a nuisance.6. I¿m not sure if they make tray covers or whatever but it would be nice if they did. Messing with saran wrap to cover them is a hassle in itself and my fruit leathers that I made stuck to wax paper :-( .Overall, I recommend not buying the Vegikiln. I hope this review helps. It does get the job done but it takes forever to do so and it makes dehydrating things very frustrating.
This dehydrator is great- Easy to use with the trays pulling out, not stacking on each other. Dried tomotoes quickly and left them with good color. Not too noisy, easy to clean, and can't wait to try it on all types of food. Wish I had gotten it earlier in the season fo dry apricots and make plum fruit leather!
i a m very pleased with the purchase that i got. not only is it the size that i needed but it's easy to clean. the tempature controls are at the top of the unit which makes it easy to turn on and off. the recipe book has simple steps for beginners too
I bought this for my fiance for Christmas. Since then he's made a few batches of jerky and they've come out great. He likes that there's so much room in the dehydrator. He can make several different flavors all in the same batch. FYI It had a plasticy smell the first time he used it but he ran it for a bit before he put anything in it and the smell went away after like 30 minutes. The trays are easy to clean too and I think they're dishwasher safe wich is a plus. The only thing I was not prepared for was how huge this thing is but the dimensions are listed on the site so I guess I shoulda known...anyway, so far this thing has been great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The trays are not blue, they're like a clear grey.
Since purchase I have dried peaches, apples, and deer jerky with excellent results
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Im not sure on how to rate it. My wife used it one time while I was at work, She called and said how loud it was and it would start and stop. When I got home I heard the noise and made a educated guess it was a fan motor blade touching or rubbing on somer thing. So I tapped around on the back and got the noise to stop. I guess it works ok I hope this is not a practice that has to be done every time she uses it.
item was just as described. I have used it several times and i am very happy with it's performance. I would definitely recomend this to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was just what i expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
Very noisey and becomes even louder at times. It is so loud, I cant believe this is normal. Will need to call in tomorrow to check on this. I
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? trays are grey and are blue in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very, very noisey! We have an open concept home and are unable to have a conversation when the unit is on in the kitchen! No one had mentioned this defect!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat