I had bought this to fix a entry doorway wood encasing strip. I love how all I had to do was mark the area I wanted to cut. The tool did the rest without splitting any more of the wood. And it has a sander. very nice tool for smaller projects.
I purchased this multi-functional tool, thinking it might be more versatile, and hence a useful resource across a variety of applications -- however, it fell short of being powerful enough to fulfill the primary function for which I was purchasing it. With the oscillating 'blade' that it came with, I was unable to cut through a fairly small master-lock on a wrought iron fence clasp; but, indeed, I WAS ABLE to cut the thinner clasp such that the master-lock could be removed intact. I likely should have purchased a grinder with a motor of greater amperage for my lock-task, but I will undoubtedly have many other uses for this oscillating tool. Also noteworthy: 1) the unit is industrial-quality; small enough to manuever but still heavy-duty, 2) cord is of heavier gauge but quite short - it is likely that an extension will be necessary for most jobs, 3) vibrations were quite tolerable - did not inhibit tool's maneuverability, 4) able to accept variety of alternative attachments typically available @ local hardware store. I will keep it "handy" AND purchase a grinder for the future.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality as would expect from Wen
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I've only used it once but so far so good. I am going to do some major work on my bathroom and plan on using this tool extensively. I hope it holds up like I want.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it looks good to me
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good