This is a very gorgeous piece for the price. I looked at hundreds of more expensive chandeliers to be hung over our 8ft dinner table and this piece was the winner. The hanging strands of glass illuminate the room with a diamond pattern when switched on. The problem with the electrical box was resolved by our electrician who had a box for chandeliers with the mounting bolt such as this one. I would also recommend going with LED candelbra light bulbs for this application if you want a warm white color than a soft yellowy white that you get from standard candlebra bulbs. They are a lot more expensive than standard bulbs, but the chandelier isn't so you can indulge.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate representation
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems decently constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
This is a gorgeous chandelier that bounces light from the crystals in a subtle way all over the room. And as another reviewer wrote, it has just enough "bling" to work in a formal or casual dining space (mine is a crossover). Nearly everyone who passes through has wonderful things to say about it....I couldn't be more pleased!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
After reading other reviews on this chandelier, I decided to buy it. Since I was replacing an existing chandelier, installation was very easy. The only issue we discovered when hanging it, was that the screws holes on my ceiling box were diagonal instead of straight across. To avoid replacing the box, we had to hang the chandelier diagonally. After we added all the "crystals" (which only took a few minutes), it looks GREATl I really like it diagonally as it really has a more modern look. Of course if you run into this same problem and don't want it hung diagonally, you can take the box out of the ceiling and turn it. If installing a new ceiling box, make sure you have the screw hole in the direction that you want the chandelier to hang.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The product looked just like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was exactly what i expected for the cost. It looks more expensive than it is,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate
We ordered this light to replace one we were taking with us, as we moved out of our house. My husband ended up liking it better than the one we took and was disappointed to leave it in the house. It casts beautiful shadows and light, albeit blinding. You must have a dimmer on your switch or it will really blow you away. When dimmed down it is very romantic and glamorous, we had it in our dining room and it is perfect sized for a rectangular table of 8.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Paled in comparison
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a high quality plastic crystal and chrome frame. Overall it looked FABULOUS.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I knew going in that this light might not be all that, but it looks ok for the time being. If you have ceiling higher than 8', it my not be a good light for a dining room or pool table. There isn't enough length in the cables. Hangs crooked, can't get it straightened out? That being said, it is pretty.
I bought it & had very high expectations after reading the reviews BUT when I actually opened the box I was very disappointed by the looks of plastic crystals. When I hanged it believe it or not it started looking amazing. I was shocked too. So please wait till you actually hang it. Worth buying.
The first purchase i ever made in overstock and im glad i didt it. This really is stunning and modern. I love crystals and i love that it matches my dining set. I have a glass dining table with cappuccino woods for the chairs. It's like somebody like an interior decorator stuled my dining room. Get it if this is your style. The process of putting the crytals each holes onto the base is time consuming but i enjoyed it. I even put gloves on cos i dont want fingerprints on the crystals. I was happy and still am happy!
The crystal chandelier is gorgeous and even better looking than the picture. I have a contemporary dining room table, and the chandelier is perfect and so beautiful to look out with the crystals giving off their colors when the lights are on.