This is a great deep fryer. I was able to put in 1 1/2 gallons of oil without it over flowing. I used it for hot wings the first time and with the timer it was so much easier to use then my last fryer. The only draw back that I have seen is that the the lid can not be put on unless the baskets are put in the oil. My last fryer I could leave the lid on through the entire fry process to keep the steam down.
We have used the fryer a few times now, for chicken as well as fried potatoes. They were not greasy as the temp. is hot. You do have to buy oil that is rated for 400 degrees or more of not smoking. The only oil we found that even mentioned the smoke rate was the large boxes of oil at Sams club. So you will likely have 30.00 - 35.00 in oil also, but it will last a long time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. so far we are very impressed with the product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? just right
this fryer is amazing i;m a fisherman and the fryer fries fast consistant and very low grease absorbtion by food
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent 10 star greatest fryer ever
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
I bought this model to replace my old Waring Pro deep fryer (which still worked, but had become very nasty after many years of very frequent use). As others have stated, this new model lacks the filter in the lid that the older one had, but that turned out not to be a big deal for me. Overall, the improvements to this model far outweigh the missing filter. And IF this one holds up anywhere near as long as my old one did, it will be well worth its price (which was actually less than I paid for my previous one). All that said... I still wish Waring would make the power cord just a little bit longer!!!!