I'm surprised at some of the low reviews for this beautiful lamp. It was easy to assemble, is extremely heavy weight and there is absolutely no danger of it falling over. The base is solid and heavy. The shade itself is brilliantly colored and adds tremendous beauty to my small living room. My advice to future purchasers, however, is to open the box and assemble the lamp outside or in your garage. The polystyrene packing material will disintegrate into millions of tiny balls, and static electricity will cause them to adhere to everything ... carpets, clothing, pets, etc.! Prepare to break out the vacuum cleaner! Again, the lamp is flawless. Purchase with confidence. BTW, this review is for the red color scheme option.
Beautiful lamp with epic appeal. Area must be very level. It wants to tip over easily. Had to finall wedge in an area and put a board under it to keep from falling over. Makes me very uneasy to use it with this situation. Bought one for a gift n just put it in storage room after this issue. Had purchased and had been unopened for a while before assembly so they would not take back.
It might be better if you could use higher wattage, but as it's directly over shoulder it should do. Some rough edges on metal dragonfly cut work and the silver UH labels for safety stand out like sore thumb and remove finish if you remove them!
This lamp will fall over also the cord is short.I found out this lamp is being discontinued. The base needs to be heavier. Poor design and I'm in disbelief that a designer would make it like this. The globe is beautiful but what good is it if it falls over and breaks.
Love the colors in the Tiffany shade. I like the floor switch on the lamp. The size is perfect to tuck behind the sofa or have next to it. Bought it for a living room reading lamp and am very happy with it. I have several Tiffany lamps from Overstock and am happy with all of them.
I was sent a dragonfly lamp in brown and blue. It is not the pictured lamp. It's ugly. It was not easy to piece together, so after taking the time to put it together, I had to then take it all apart. The bear of it is that it was fit in the box like a Tetris puzzle and now I cannot make it fit. It is not easy to package. There is styrofoam flying everywhere. I'm bummed.
I have a small living room which needs small things. The floor lamp was perfect. I know it's beautiful because when people see it they are taken back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very, very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty much
I put this lamp on carpet and was worried it would be "tippy", but it isn't. It looks lovely when lit and I am able to adjust the angle of it a little for maximum reading light over my favorite chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
The lamp looks lovely with my other Tiffany-style Lamps. It's a great reading lamp in my bedroom. Easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be well make and very pretty
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
For the money (and very modest Overstock shipping charge), this lamp is a perfect find for our reading chair in our Victorian home. Though it's obvious upon close inspection that the colored lampshade itself is not genuine glass, at any reasonable distance it is very colorful and impressively presentable as a 'Tiffany style' lamp of much greater value. It has a nice antique finish and we especially like the easy 'step switch' that you simply touch with your toe when you want to turn it on. We have stained glass windows in the room where it now resides and the lamp blends beautifully with those windows. Again, a very nice find for the $$ and it complements our little reading corner nicely!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are fairly representative, although given degree of handwork probably varies from one lamp to another
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We had some difficulty at first with assembly of the lamp, primarily because it seemed that the lower-most rod did not fit snugly into the base. However with the help of a handy friend, we were able to disassemble the unit from the base and it now fits securely.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate, although see above re: assembly