This isn't going to work for me (really won't hold clean bath towels--hand towels maybe)...and it's just to flimsy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
This is the second issue I have had purchasing from Overstock.com. This item is the least expensive towel rack I could find and I should have realized it wasn't going to be the best quality. This item arrived broken down in a almost flat maybe 20" long box. When my boyfriend pulled the largest piece out of the box and set it down he looked at his hand and there were silver pieces stuck to his hand. We looked at the piece of the rack where he had touched and the metal was peeling off. It is almost like it has been spray painted with some metallic paint. So now we have large spots on one side where it had peeled off that are bronze colored. I just said F' it! And hung it up. I didn't want to go through the process of returning something again. We are going to look for some metallic spray paint this weekend to see if we can cover it back up. BUT besides that incident.. It looks nice over out toilet and our towels fit perfectly. We hang our used shower towels on the 2 bars under our folded towels. We now got rid of our shelves that were on the floor taking up space. So I am happy but if I would have paid anymore for this item I would have returned it.
The towel shelf is fine - not great. The most striking thing was how light weight it was but it looks fine and will do. It is a nice width but the depth is just a bit shy to make it easy to fold large towels and have them fit without flopping off on the DVD which looks sloppy. I managed to figure out a fold that will work but it will only allow me to fit one deep but two across. I should say that in this price range the depth was this or even less.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is a bit flimsy - not so much that I would return it but I don't expect it to last as long as my other one.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described
This item is good for a large bathroom with lots room because it takes up a lot of room length & width wise. Also, the 24" length doesn't hit both my studs so if you don't prepare the wall before you dry wall by putting extra wood to screw this in, you would be stuck. if you have a smaller bathroom with little wall room, it may be better to buy a pedestal towel bar or rack.
nicely done. Just what I needed to work in a small bathroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I originally purchased this for the bathroom, but it turned out to be too big for my tiny room. But it's a great shelf for the laundry room and having it near the dryer comes in handy for hanging the clothes up as I take them out. In the end I'm quite happy with this purchase. The price was reasonable enough that I didn't return it cuz I knew I'd find a use for it and I did find a really good one.
perfect for added towel storage; very modern looking
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate