perfect size,exactly as it appears in photo. not too big but bigger than a traditional writing desk. I have a laptop, printer and lamp on it. Very sturdy and heavy. If your house is modern it is a perfect fit. The drawer glides nice and craftmanship is more than I expected for the price. Not one disappointment with this desk. LOVE IT
As others here have experienced, the wood has started to split across the top of the desk (and, on the front section, where the drawer is fitted). The splitting started after approximately 5 months - a little at a time. The desk has been lightly used, with no undue weight. Whatever the problem is that results in splitting is intrinisic to the desk, not use. Overstock was good about compensating though any warranty period expired. Oddly, even with the splits, it remains solid. I regret having to replace the desk but the splitting is unsightly.
I really liked the fact that this product was all wood but now find that after just 3 month a giant split in the wood top that cannot be repaired. I hope that the customer service department will help me but it looks like they will not...you only have 30 days to return! Be careful in ordering this desk and others like it.....
Bought this desk for my son's room for Christmas. Looked great, quick set up, probably would have given it 5 stars if I reviewed it immediately. A month after we set it up we found it had cracked from the middle to one end. I saw that several others had the same problem. Not worth the risk.
This desk isn't just "great for the price" - it's a great desk! It's a perfect size - roomy enough for a laptop, two textbooks, cup of tea and a lamp, but not so huge that it dominates a room. It's a nice, modern-looking piece that blends in well.I like that the veneer isn't flimsy. It's nice and solid, as is the rest of the desk. Well-made, the screw-holes are neat and lined up, and it took me 5 minutes to assemble. Oh. And the drawer shuts firmly.I have to mention also that this arrived packaged beautifully. The pieces were well-protected, and the assembly pieces and instructions were organized nicely. Everything about this product speaks to the standards of the manufacturer.
Nice desk for the price, easy to assembly, heavy/sturdy and nice finish. Heat from a labtop can damage the surface; we use a fan to keep the the computer cool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made out of real wood not particle board.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
I would highly recommend not buying this desk. It is of poor wood and workmanship quality. I contacted Overstock on this and all they want to do is refund a quarter of the overall price I paid for this desk, plus pay for the shipping and handling back as well! I bought many items other than furniture from Overstock.com and now will never purchase another item from their company as they are not an honorable company to purchase items through! A. Reid
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color of desk was accurate to site description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the desk is very poor. We only had it two months and started noticing seperation in the wood where it was seamed together. Now the wood has separated in three area's and it is irreparable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of color, height, size was accurate. The quality was very very poor
Beautiful piece of furniture. I've recieved compliments
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly what I was expecting.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Purchased this desk, and the first one arrived damaged in shipping. Another was sent and it looked fine. We assembled it and now, six months into its use, it is developing three deep cracks across the top surface. It appears the wood is separating into its individual planks. Very disappointing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looked like good quality but is not holding together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
I am very pleased with this product. I particularly like the Asian lines of the desk and contemporary styling.Well packaged and prompt delivery also.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and nicely made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Ok for occasional use, definitely not an every day desk. paint also chipped easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a beautiful desk. So far no issues with cracking, although I will keep an eye out. For the cost, it really was worth taking a risk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful wood, looks great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Unfortunately rubberwood is like teak. It's from the tropics and does NOT withstand dryer climates. I have had my "used-to-be-gorgeous" desk for less than 90-days. Just as other customers have attested, it cracks right down the center of the desktop. I am so disappointed! It is an absolutely beautiful desk, and the price cannot be beat, BUT not worth the frustration of having to hide or dispose of it.
Looks good, except for the drawer - it doesn't close properly, and the handle is a very cheap looking plastic, made to look like stainless steel, and the screws for it are too long, so the handle wiggles. Now after opening and closing the drawer, by the end of the day, there are two visible cracks on both sides of the drawer.Looks pretty, but the quality is poor.
I think the desk is very nice. It arrived with no damage, well packed. Very easy to just put the legs on and there you go! I was kind of scared about the other comments about the desk just cracking, as I have a very expensive apple computer on this desk! But it's fine. I don't know what those other people are talking about! It's well made, so I can't possibly see how it can just crack and break. Anyway, I do like the desk. The only negative thing is that the handle to open the drawer is sharp on the edges, also the screws it comes with may be too long because it doesn't screw in all the way, leaving the handle a bit loose. Other than that it's a great desk. Looks nice too!
Showed up quickly in two boxes.... they were heavy (thank goodness for 2.95 shipping). Box 1 had the desk top (with drawer already in place) Box 2 had 4 legs plus hardware for attachment and the handle for the drawer... 4 bolts to put the legs on and 2 screws for the drawer handle and the desk is done! 5 Mins tops... Nice finish, seems to be very solid construction. Nice size. I like it..