Nice desk for the price, easy to assembly, heavy/sturdy and nice finish. Heat from a labtop can damage the surface; we use a fan to keep the the computer cool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made out of real wood not particle board.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
I would highly recommend not buying this desk. It is of poor wood and workmanship quality. I contacted Overstock on this and all they want to do is refund a quarter of the overall price I paid for this desk, plus pay for the shipping and handling back as well! I bought many items other than furniture from Overstock.com and now will never purchase another item from their company as they are not an honorable company to purchase items through! A. Reid
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color of desk was accurate to site description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the desk is very poor. We only had it two months and started noticing seperation in the wood where it was seamed together. Now the wood has separated in three area's and it is irreparable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of color, height, size was accurate. The quality was very very poor
Beautiful piece of furniture. I've recieved compliments
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly what I was expecting.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy and well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Purchased this desk, and the first one arrived damaged in shipping. Another was sent and it looked fine. We assembled it and now, six months into its use, it is developing three deep cracks across the top surface. It appears the wood is separating into its individual planks. Very disappointing.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looked like good quality but is not holding together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine
I am very pleased with this product. I particularly like the Asian lines of the desk and contemporary styling.Well packaged and prompt delivery also.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and nicely made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Ok for occasional use, definitely not an every day desk. paint also chipped easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a beautiful desk. So far no issues with cracking, although I will keep an eye out. For the cost, it really was worth taking a risk.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful wood, looks great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Unfortunately rubberwood is like teak. It's from the tropics and does NOT withstand dryer climates. I have had my "used-to-be-gorgeous" desk for less than 90-days. Just as other customers have attested, it cracks right down the center of the desktop. I am so disappointed! It is an absolutely beautiful desk, and the price cannot be beat, BUT not worth the frustration of having to hide or dispose of it.
Looks good, except for the drawer - it doesn't close properly, and the handle is a very cheap looking plastic, made to look like stainless steel, and the screws for it are too long, so the handle wiggles. Now after opening and closing the drawer, by the end of the day, there are two visible cracks on both sides of the drawer.Looks pretty, but the quality is poor.
As others here have experienced, the wood has started to split across the top of the desk (and, on the front section, where the drawer is fitted). The splitting started after approximately 5 months - a little at a time. The desk has been lightly used, with no undue weight. Whatever the problem is that results in splitting is intrinisic to the desk, not use. Overstock was good about compensating though any warranty period expired. Oddly, even with the splits, it remains solid. I regret having to replace the desk but the splitting is unsightly.
I think the desk is very nice. It arrived with no damage, well packed. Very easy to just put the legs on and there you go! I was kind of scared about the other comments about the desk just cracking, as I have a very expensive apple computer on this desk! But it's fine. I don't know what those other people are talking about! It's well made, so I can't possibly see how it can just crack and break. Anyway, I do like the desk. The only negative thing is that the handle to open the drawer is sharp on the edges, also the screws it comes with may be too long because it doesn't screw in all the way, leaving the handle a bit loose. Other than that it's a great desk. Looks nice too!
Showed up quickly in two boxes.... they were heavy (thank goodness for 2.95 shipping). Box 1 had the desk top (with drawer already in place) Box 2 had 4 legs plus hardware for attachment and the handle for the drawer... 4 bolts to put the legs on and 2 screws for the drawer handle and the desk is done! 5 Mins tops... Nice finish, seems to be very solid construction. Nice size. I like it..
Beautiful and sturdy. It was a piece of cake to put it together - just screw on the legs and the drawer handle. I should have paid more attention to the description, though. Based on other desks I'd been looking at, I had expected it to have a flip down drawer face for use with a keyboard, but it doesn't. A fairly large keyboard will fit in the drawer for storage, though.
This disk has a beautiful wood finish and has a very heavy and solid construction. The sliding drawer is not flimsy at all. It looks beautiful in my office. Only thing keeping it from 5 stars is that it arrived with a strange dent on the center of the large writing surface. Aside from that, great desk.
This desk arrived promptly, as all things I buy from overstock do. It was very simple to put together and very substantial. The color was perfect. I would call it ebony. The drawer pull looks very rich and is a brushed steel. I use it as my computer desk. It did arrive with a small nick in the wood, but this was Fed-ex's fault as the box was kinda beat up. However it was in the back and the desk is against the wall, so it is not a problem. I would buy this again or recommend it to a friend.
this was a beautiful, elegant, sturdy looking desk with easy assembly and it really does add to the room. however after about six months the table top has begun cracking in several places like another reviewer also described. i might be able to understand this if i had heavy things piled on it but as i hate clutter i have always kept it completely clear! i am so disappointed because i really did love the desk, now it just looks a cheap piece. :(