I like my new storage unit. I like that it is wood and not mdf. However, when the product arrived, one of the base boards had a split in it. I opted to do a home repair (wood glue) instead of sending it back - mostly because I didn't want to wait for a new board to be shipped. Assembly can be tricky. It was tough lining up all of the boards to fit together - it required three of us to assemble the product. However, once it was assembled, it looks nice and holds lots of books, videos, toys, and pictures.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is darker than what appears on the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like that the cube is wood and not mdf, however, one of the boards was split when the product arrived.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the product is accurate.
We bought fabric baskets from Target to fill with toys for the kids, but to keep them out of sight and looking great for our living room. Targets cubic storage baskets fit the storage cubbies perfect and are only 14$ for a set of two. We got dark brown ones and it looks great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was even more beautiful in person. Nice dark, rich color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great.
This was surprisingly nicer than I thought it would be. The wood is very nice and it looks great put together, which I did myself. It assembles rather easily. I did leave the back off since I wanted it to be open in the back. The size of the squares is 12x12x12. I have tried different baskets for it and am having a bit of a problem finding just the right one, that would be my only problem. It's too bad it didn't come with baskets since I will probably spend just as much finding something that fits and looks good.
Beautiful and great quality. With a power drill and phillips bit, it was easy to put together. The back is kind of flimsy, but its not necessary to the product. If you are looking for drawers the size is 12 x 12. I had to order them online, because it wasnt a size I found in stores. Still a great product! Im very happy with my purchase.
the cube came in perfect shape except for one thing, they forgot to drill one of the holes for the dowels, which I ended up having to do. I read reviews of how hard it was to assemble and that two people were needed. I found that if you laid out one of the sides and assembled the shelves with that side from the bottom up, I was able to easily do it myself. the other side was added after attaching the shelves to the first side. very happy with the product.
This bookcase/storage unit was very difficult to assemble. It takes two people to keep the sections in line so that they can be tightened together. Some of the cams did lock the pieces together completely and it is only because I securely attached the back that I am confident that it will stay together. Once put together it looks great and is serving its function adequately.
Great bookcase. Pretty easy to set up. It only took me about 45mins doing it mostly by myself. I needed my husband's help to get the last shelf to line up with the lock bolts on the top. It's made out of real pine and the backing isn't the cheap flimsy cardboard. It's a very thin plywood material, but still way better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? right on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality. Real pine not particle board
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate.
Save yourself the trouble and buy something at Ikea instead. Quality is just about the same. Yeah, it's real wood, but you can hardly tell the difference. The actual assembly is a nightmare. The pilot holes are far too small or non existent and they expect you to insert giant screws into a very small span of space. If you are not careful, you could either take an eye out or ruin the finish. You'll need a lot of patience to put these puppies together. The manufacturer needs to take a half day to struggle with the assembly and understand how much of a pain it is. That being said, I'm keeping them! :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. just fine
The product arrived very well packaged. Everything was there and in great condition. It was easy to follow the instructions to put it together. I did need help with the top of the shelf but I did the rest myself. Thinking of getting another one!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little darker than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent. Arrived in perfect condition
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate