We thought the clock would be sturdy and be better looking in person. Worst purchase ever. The clock is cheaply made and there is nothing special about it. The face of the close is printed on and looks so cheap when you mount it. On top of that, after trying to mount the clock on the wall, the clock fell apart and wasn't usable anymore. So disappointed.
This clock was a disappointment from the moment I opened the box. For one thing, it looks almost like a photo of a picture/print-the quality of the design is very cheaply glued (paper, I think) onto the cheapest, almost dense cardboard-like material. Is it even particle board? I don't know...Very cheap. It looks okay when hung on the wall but has a very unfinished appearance-like there's something missing. More than one thing, at least. I don't recommend it. It was cheap but I shouldn't have paid as much as I did for it, that's for sure. It was also difficult to keep the pendulum going too. Very precariously hung onto the arm. Don't go for it!
after reading the review about how cheap it was. i bought it anyway, until i found a clock i really liked in person not off website. for the $** with shipping and a discount code it is much better then i expected. i never write this things because i am so fussy, but i took the time to do this because it's decent hung up and looks like the $*** clock right near it on overstock. i am in no rush now to get the perfect one, the one i had died after 33 years, it was a wedding present.
I am a frequent overstock shopper and I'm typically always pleased with my purchases, but this is the worst by far. This is something you shouldn't spend more than $* on. I've seen $** clocks with better quality. The clock is extremely thin (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch) with no framing. The printed decal is blurry, as previously indicated and has an overall cheap look and feel. I am returning this immediately.
This clock has no depth to its face; it is a decal that is blurry, as previously noted by another buyer. I thought I'd take a chance on it because of its traditional styling, and now I regret not paying more attention to the low ratings that it has received. It is a poorly made product that is not worth the asking price.
I would have preferred a more substantial material but the style, look, price and size were perfect for the area I wanted a clock. Looks more substantial when hung on the wall and works well. It would be several hundred dollars more for the same look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This was not working upon delivery, we had to get into the gear box in the back to put everything back together correctly. Once we got it put back together it works fine, but I wouldnt recommend it if you dont have someone handy to put it back together for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The look is the same as what I saw online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Its a pretty cheap clock
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
The clock when hung did not allow the pendulum to move as it leaned forward at the top, inward at the bottom. This clock would have 5 * IF the manufacture actually hung it up. If they did they would have known to add wood blocks to the back to allow for clearance so the pendulum could move. SO EASY !! Not worth it to send the clock back so I did the manufactures job with materials on hand .... I cut a small portion of the packaging styrofoam (about 1") used mounting double stick tape, stuck it to the back of the clock and made my own clearance - Pendulum now moves and clock is keeping good time. Looks nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Recommmend ONLY if you are ok fixing what the manufacture failed to do .....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? looks = 5* Poor in manufacture flaw
I was really disappointed in this clock and felt that Overstock oversold this item to be something nice, when it wasn't. We returned it immediately.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The image on the clock was stretched and pixelated, not high quality
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Clock was flimsy and had pieces that came off. It looked bad and felt like junk.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not at all.
I was dissappointed when I received the clock, first just mildly due to the blurry face of it. It looks nice in that regard from a distance, but instead of it coming into focus when you get near it, it's just a fussy print which looks cheap. Looking at it from a distance serves my purpose so that isn't a big deal overall. However once I hung it, I noticed the bigger problem. The hole for the timepiece disk (pendulum style) to move back and forth as it keeps time is cut off-center. Unlike the advertised photo which is properly centered. It's off by about 1 inch to the left, just left of the "I" in upsidedown "VI" instead of between them. Lastly when hanging the clock with just the box mounted on the back it ends up tilting downward with the bottom edge of the clock resting against the wall. The clock doesn't work in this manner as the pendulum gets pressed between the clock and the wall and cannot move to keep the time. It was a simple solution, just a block piece of styrofoam (what I used, but anything will work) taped to the back behind the number "VI" to prop it/hold it parallel to the wall, keeping the pendulum free and able to swing back and forth. I like the clock enough to keep it and not hassle the return. If it was purchased from a physical shop I would have absolutely returned it. It is however the antique style I was looking for, does keeps accurate time and wasn't expensive. So happy enough. Though eventually when I find one I like of better quality, I will certainly replace it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It works and was packaged carefully to protect it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fine, except that the photo shows a properly centered clock