I agree with ericharrison regarding the assembly of this piece -- just think of it like putting a wheel on your car axle -- you have to align everything first, and tighten the screws a little bit at a time and move from screw to screw. And then, voila! You will have a beautifully constructed rocking chair that everyone will want to sit in. My wife and I just had a baby and thought this was a good addition to the baby room. Thanks to this great chair, our little tyke sleeps like, well...a baby!
I really love this rocker! I ordered it and THEN read the reviews, and so I was worried that I had purchased a child's chair, which it could be, but it fits me just fine. I'm 5'8 and have a sizable rear and it wasn't a tight fit or too low to the ground for me. I looked the specs up on the Eames website and this are almost the exact same size as the original Eames rocker, so I wouldn't consider it a child's chair. The only thing that I didn't realize was that the plastic looks kind of cheap. I still love it though and put a cute fluffy pillow in it for my small nursery. I also followed the other commenter's advice with tightening the screws a little at a time and they all fit in perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was pretty exact, although the photo makes it look like a glossy plastic, which it is not.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
When my wife and I saw this egg-blue replica of the classic Miller piece, we had to snatch it up. We love the color of the plastic, and the chrome legs, and the rocker legs are delightful to look at. I know some people have mentioned that assembly is a little tough, but the trick is to align the screws, and make sure that you tighten them all bit by bit as you go--I promise you won't have any hassles. The chair is a snug fit--a bit too snug for my ample rear, but the kids love it, and my wife can't pass it up when she goes past. It really is an eye-catching piece, and a great investment for the price.
This eames knock off is very convincing. It is almost impossible to tell the difference between this and the real thing. I'm a cheap sob and feel very happy with this purchase. The quality is high, however the plastic may be a bit more flexy then the original eames/herman miller fiberglass verison. the blue of the actual cahir may not be as bright as illustrated in the description. It is the same size as the originals and is definatly not only a childs chair as described in other reviews, however it would work fine for that as well. The assembly was a pice of cake no problems there.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? maybe not as bright of a blue as on the sight, but very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site description matached the product.
I knew that the color was not going to be as pictured. I actually like the color of the actual chair better. They look like upscale, designer chairs. The material is a little on the rough side, but nothing to horrible. I bought two for my living room. Definitely keeping them!
This chair is perfect for any room - we've purchased four of these and have placed them in different bedrooms... the blue goes well with the rocker rails, and against natural wood walls and a bug fluffy white carpet, it's just amazing... another great purchase from Overstock.com...
Stylish and Cute. I enjoy rocking in it and so does my 2 year old. It is not the most comfortable but with the addition of a lamb skin on the back, it is suitable for the nursery. We have had many comments on how nice it is. Not for tall people. Fits me right and Im 5'4.
This chair is a great buy, it is almost identical to the designer version. It is comfortable and stylish and great for smaller spaces.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Photo needs to be checked for accuracy. Blue depicted is too light. Legs and wooden rocker were accurately shown though. Easy to put together. Comfy to sit on. I'm 5'4'" and my legs don't dangle.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Brighter darker blue than the baby powder blue in the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy enough and easy to put together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not baby blue as was said or shown
I was very disappointed. The color on my computer, and iphone5 looks like a soft powder blue with a gloss finish, nearly white with a very light tent of pale blue. In person the rocker is a more like a matte Aegean Sea blue. There is nothing white, or light about the color. It is blue blue blue. Secondly, the chair arrived with deep scratches that cannot be buffed. Finally, the chair does not look like an Eames knock off, it looks like a very cheap plastic rocker that is sprayed with blue truck bed liner. The plastic has that rough bubbly texture of a bed liner. If you want one that is matte blue with rough plastic finish that could match possibly a Caribbean color scheme, or very hipster motif then it may work for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Completely off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Scratched upon arrival
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not
This is a nice, compact rocking chair. I find it comfortable for short periods (under an hour) but beyond that, you'll want to add a pillow or pad to sit on. I use it in my nursery and it's well-suited to that purpose now that I'm not up for hours at night with a newborn, but rather the relatively quick feedings of an infant who sleeps for a few longer stretches at night. It's surprisingly comfortable even for larger people--mine has been sat in by 6' tall 250 lb. men without complaint.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Love the style, love the look, but this chair looks like it was made for a toddler. I am 5'2 and its comfy & cute enough for me.. but just kinda looks werid in my living room because of its size. When I had a friend over, she really thought it was for my 5 yr old son. Soo I think my son might actually be the one who's gettin a new rocker ;(. Too bad to cuz it really is a cool lil' funky style.
I bought two of these chairs to go in my kids' (8 and 11 yrs.) playroom. They are so comfortable and fun to sit in! We have a pool, and I love that I don't have to yell at kids to not sit on the furniture in their wet bathing suits now. The chairs are not tall, but I don't find them to be necessarily "child sized" either. They are perfect for my purposes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match from the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.
This blue cradle chair is looking great in the room of my boys. It has a warm tone and a beautiful blue color that is relaxing and really fresh. I think I will have to buy one more as both of my boys love sitting on this chair and they enjoy the movement. The quality is really great and the chair durable and massive.
This cradle chair is a miracle. It is not only beautiful and great looking but really useful and comfortable. I always sit in this chair with my baby and he sleeps in a few minutes. The chair is durable and comfortable so I recommend it to everyone for use or only as a stylish decor option.