We looked at counter stools everywhere for days on end. The ones we have now are metal and are nice, but we're moving to a retirement community soon and leaving them to the new homeowner, so we wanted something a little different this time around for our new place. We decided on this stool because we felt the color gave good contrast against darker cabinetry and the wood was a darker, richer looking color. We weren't disappointed. We ordered six and they were delivered a day sooner than promised. The only problem we experienced was when my husband began putting them together, he thought something was missing. It turned out the instructions were for a different chair, but he had no problem figuring out how to assemble them. The seat cushion is quite thick and the legs are good and sturdy. These stools are approximately 26 inch seat height which is a little higher than we had before, but they still good good clearance from the counter. The vinyl seems nice and heavy duty and there is nice stitching detail on the seat and back. We are happy with our purchase and the price was more than fair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy and good color
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was described correctly
I love these stools! The description says they're brown but the picture is more accurate. It's more of an orange brown, which others have pointed out. I have maple cabinetry and the orange brown color is a perfect complimentary color and a great way to add a more modern color. I wanted something to update my kitchen but not too modern and these stools did the job. I have kids so the faux leather is great for cleaning. They were easy to put together (at least in our experience) and so far has withstood 3 months of continuous climbing up and down from a 3 and 6 year old.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description says its brown but the picture is more accurate.
For the money, these are nice stools. The assembly was relatively easy and eveything lined up correctly for assembly. They are comfortable and nice looking stools with nice detailed stiching.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality was pretty good for the price paid. Assembly was relatively easy and the stools were packed very well!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
These stools were the style and color that we were looking for without breaking the bank, which is exactly what we were looking for. Having said that, the hardware that comes with these stools to put them together is downright terrible!! First, the holes in the front legs didn't line up to the holes in the seat, so I had to use some force (i.e. some taps with a rubber mallet) to get the legs to sit all the way into the seat area so that the holes for the bolts would actually line up. Secondly, the wood screws included are worthless since they're not long enough. I had to go to my local hardware/home improvement store to get longer wood screws so I could install the pieces connecting the legs. I have put together a lot of "lower priced" furniture before, and this is the first time that I've encountered a product where the hardware just plain doesn't work. It was an easy fix, but it's still a fix I should have had to make. The stools feel very solid now, they're reasonably comfortable, and the pleather actually looks good. These stools fit our needs so I wont be returning them but just be aware of what to expect when you decide to buy these.
Either of the chairs alone would be fine alone. But as a set, you would expect them to match (II would still expect that if they weren't a set and I had simply purchased two chairs), and they do not. The bottom bars on one is different than the other when matched to the holes provided for assembly. Too much trouble to return, but will be looking to replace these soon. Most products I've purchased have been fine, but this one is a huge disappointment! Can't recommend these if you're using them together "as a set".
I bought for of these chairs for our kitchen island. I love the color as it's a pumpkin pie orange/brown. The stools were relatively easy to put together once one was completed. They feel fairly sturdy and I hope they will last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We like the look of the stools, but they are more orange in color than brown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more orange in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. We have had the stools for a couple of weeks and I noticed that there are already some little chips in the legs of one of the stools.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, except they look more orange than brown.
Purchased 4 of these stools for the kitchen peninsula over a month ago. They add the touch of color I was looking for. They were fairly easy to assembly and the instructions were helpful with leveling the stools on my tile floor. The 26 inch seat height is a bit higher than the normal 24 inch, but the kids like the added height and they still fit perfectly under the countertop. They are comfortable and the seat material looks to be assembled very well. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 stars is that compared to other stools I have, they are fairly light and feel a little less sturdy, so not sure how they will hold up over time. Although, so far they have held up to 200 lb. plus men sitting in them for extended periods over the holidays! Overall, a good purchase for the price and I am very happy with the choice. Overstock delivered quickly and the online experience was easy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate