A very solid bed. I have showed this bed to everyone that has come to my house that is how impressed I am with this purchase. I put the bed together myself with little help from someone holding up the frame so I could attach it to the headboard. The slats are screwed into the frame of the bed so they will not fall down. There are 20 slats and a center stabilizer bar. This bed is a sturdy bed solid wood and when it is put together it will not shake or move even when you try to move it. I only have a 14" foam mattress on the bed and it is more comfortable then the expensive mattress on my bed. I love overstock.com they are a great company and I tell everyone to go to them they will not be dissapointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is more a sage color the grey and the light brown of the wood blended together creates a sage color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
Assembly of this bed was very easy. Put it together myself in about an hour. Comes in 3 boxes, and the directions for the bed are easy to follow. It does sort of suck to if you have a medium-sized room like me and have no room to put it together, but putting together any bed is going to take up space initially. The look of the bed itself is very nice and complements my room. I have colorful artsy posters on my wall, and the shade and height of this bed truly match what I wanted my room to look like. It really is awesome. Something that you should take into account though is the height of the bed. It well works in my room because the headboard comes just about an inch short of my window, and anything taller would've obscured my view outside, but my window is relatively low compared to most places. The space between the ground and the bed is just under 6 inches, so if you like to put things under your bed, you won't be able to put much under this one. This bed should be considered a PLATFORM, because it is definitely low in height. Also, the wooden slabs that it comes with are a bit weak, especially the long one that comes with it that centers the bed. I haven't had any trouble with it, but when I was putting it together I wondered whether or not it could endure lots of physical movement on it. I know it's a bit TMI, but I've had sex on it plenty of times, and its held up, so I think the slabs are fine. Finally, my mattress sinks fairly low towards the foot of this bed, when my someone sits on it, and I haven't been able to figure out why. I even moved the wooden slabs once I noticed this to make sure they were even and weren't causing the problem, but my mattress still sinks :/ However, the things I brought up really are minuscule. I don't even notice those things anymore. The bed is awesome and it looks great. If you're not looking for a platform bed, DO NOT buy this, because it should be labeled as a platform. Other than that, this bed rocks!
I was searching for a guest bed that would fit into a mid century modern themed home. Similar bed frames can cost over $1000 dollars in local stores so I was a little skeptical about the quality of this bed. It arrived quickly in 3 boxes and was very easy to put together. I was pleasantly surprised with the authentic mid century look with the clean lines and tapered legs. I had to put a piece of plywood over the slats just to make sure it would properly support my memory foam mattress (im really not sure if that is necessary though) The only minor issue that I would note is that the stain in some places appears thicker but it is only noticeable from close up and actually gives it more character and makes it look vintage. Great bed for the buck!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well Made, Solid Wood Construction, Slatted mattress supports
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Came as described
I am happy with the bed, but the wood seems a little more non-natural than I was expecting. It has a finish on it that's glossier, less rustic than I expected. It's not exactly composite, but it's certainly highly treated wood. That said, the lines are really pretty, the color is just what I wanted, and I plan to keep it. I will likely have to replace my mattress: my high-quality pillowtop isn't thick enough to use on the slats without a boxspring, but with a boxspring, you lose the good lines of this bed (because they are covered up by the height of the mattress stack).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is exactly what I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is sturdy and was very easy to assemble. Unilke other put-it-together-yourself products, this will disassemble and reassemble well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, except that I got the sense that this would be a more natural wood product.
I purchased this bed for my new condo. It is very sturdy and works great with the memory foam mattress that I also purchased here on Overstock. The bed was pretty easily and quickly assembled by two people. The color was a little bit different that I was expecting. I was expecting it to be deep grey based on the pictures, but it is more of a brown wood with a light and thin grey overtone. It definitely grew on me quickly and it looks great in my bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little different
This is the first bed I've ever bought for my master bedroom, and I'm pleased with the choice. It's very solid and has the look of a more expensive bed. I think it will be a nice piece to work with for many years. The color is a bit darker than I wanted, but it works just fine and is a good match to what was shown on the screen.
We love our new gray-brown smooth rubberwood bed! It looks great in the small bedroom and the queen Sleep Number bed fits in comfortably. Now to find a nice diver in Overstick!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is as shown- a weathered gray-brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. All wood with sturdy side rails, a great headboard & lots of slats to hold mattress secure
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate
This bed is a total success. The color is exactly as shown in the picture. The style is chic and different from standard bed frames that can make a room look old and crowded. Assembly was very easy and was done within an hour. I have the matching nightstands which were harder to put together than the bed frame. Definitely use an electric drill. The bed feels really sturdy and comfortable. Only complaint was that upon first delivery I didn't get all the right boxes (it comes in 3 different ones) so I had to wait an extra week to get the missing box delivered. But it was very easy to return the ones I had to send back and overstock was helpful.
Bed set up quickly. An electric drill was helpful.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Bed is not as grey as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
After looking for a long time for a new bed we settled on this one. It shipped quickly, arriving in a few boxes. The directions were extremely easy to follow and we had it together in no time at all (definitely needs 2 people to build). I've put together so much furniture and this was, by far, the easiest piece I've ever built. It feels very solid and does not crack or creak as some wood beds do as they "settle" in the beginning of construction. We have a low profile box spring in it, though this isn't necessary, and the height is just right. My only wish is that the headboard came up a tiny bit higher since we're using the box spring. Price was about half what we were looking at for comparable quality at high end name brand stores. Very happy with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Feels very solid and like it will hold up well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The bed arrived on the expected date in the morning so I didn't have to take the day off waiting for it. Boxes were in good condition. Product was easy to assemble. Took less than 2 hours by myself. Very sturdy so far, and I can even store a few things under the bed. The color and finish was what I was looking for. Can't wait for the dresser to get in stock so I can purchase that as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality, not excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
First, I am 5 feet off the floor with a box spring and mattress, I purchased this to match my grey dresser that I spent too much money on. The ensemble was a perfect match! The hardest part about assembling this bed, was taking down my old one. Use a drill because it will take you hours to get all the screws in. I am glad I read the other reviews about holes not be made for the T board in the middle. Also this bed requires at least 2 people to put it together, the parts are heavy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lighter
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent, and heavy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Easy to put together, power drill makes the job quick and relatively painless. The color of the bed is a little more grey than what is pictured, as mentioned by other reviewers, so no surprises there. We love the clean mid century styling of this bed
After several months of thinking of buying this bed, I was not disappointed. It was delivered in the time I was told, and in perfect condition. I love the color ,and it was very easy to assemble it, I did it by myself. Only recommendation, get a power drill to attach the 24 screws for the bed slats, otherwise you'll need some elbow grease, since the pre - drilled holes are not all the way through on some of the slats, and of course there is no holes on the wooden base where the slats rest.
The bed looks great, and I have received compliments on how nice it looks. The color is a brownish grey. Assembly took about an hour with two people. One drawback that I didn't think about ahead of time is that the mattress sits down in the frame. So to put on / take off a fitted sheet to wash it, you have to lift the mattress out of the frame. It is not a big deal, but a queen sized mattress is a bit heavy. Also, we had some initial confusion about where to screw in the 12 slats. I expected there to be pre-measured holes in the bed frame to screw the slats into. Instead, I had to measure out 12 equal lengths for the slats, and screw directly into the bed (no pre-measured holes!). Still, with an electric screwdriver, it's a pretty easy task, but it would have helped if the directions were clearer on this.
I certainly recommend this bed. After searching for a while I am very happy with it. It is sturdy, has a modern look and a nice color. Assembling is straightforward. You won't be disappointed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Bed is very heavy and well made. Very easy to put together, I put it together myself in about 20 minutes. The only downfall is that I was looking for a grayish piece of furniture. This is not the case, the color is definitely brown. I will keep the bed for now but continue my search for a gray weathered bed, and this will definitely go into the guest bedroom as it really is quite nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? No, color is way more brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good aside from color