We're using this pretty headboard in our guest room. It is lovely and functions just fine but there are a couple of things I wish I had known before I ordered: there are three seams on the front of the headboard that aren't really evident in the website pictures. They aren't deal breakers, but I wish they weren't there - and the center one doesn't lay flat. The standard (least expensive) bed frame that we bought to use doesn't exactly fit. I think we may have been able to upgrade to a more expensive bed frame that may have worked a lot better, but we just didn't. The problem is that we were only able to attach one of the screws to the headboard instead of both, so it feels wobbly if not right against a wall. On the upside, this headboard is upholstered all the way to the floor so it looks nice from the side. And the nail head trim is nice, individual nail heads in stead of the cheaper nail head chain I have seen on other affordable upholstered headboards.
The upholstered headboard was a good buy, as turned out more handsome than the pictures with the brass studs and oatmeal colored fabric. Note - the two wood feet shipped with it came in two different colors, one was black and the other one was courdoban in color. They also did not touch the floor when I mounted the headboard to the recommended bedframe, which was a separate purchase. Thus, did not mount with the wooden feet so threw them out. The headboard only came with 2 bolts and washers and really needs four to hook-up securely. So in summary, the aesthetics were great, but you needed to be handy to get the bed firmly assembled on a standard metal bedframe.
I was going to spend $699 for a headboard and I came across this one for $200. WHATTT! And I'm so happy I did! I love the nailhead trim and the fabric. The color is exactly what you see in the picture and this headboard is just as good as any $699+ headboard. I'm a C&B addict and Overstock has made me reconsider some of purchases from here on out from C&B and other major home retailers. Thanks Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wayyy better than I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
We love this headboard. The problem we had with it was that it does not fit a standard queen size bed frame. We could not find the special bed frame designed for this headboard so we just used the standard bed frame we already had. My husband tried to drill new holes into the steel plate at the foot of the bed but was unable to do so. We attached the standard bed frame and the headboard was approximately 1/2 off of the floor. We remedied the problem by putting 2 carpet protectors on top of one another under each of the headboard feet to support the raised headboard.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice condition
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Unforutnately I needed this for an elder parents bedroom and it was taken out of the box, attached to the frame, and the box disposed of before I saw it. Very disappointed in the look as across the front; left, center, and right, are three really large vertical seams. Ruins the look entirely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was fairly accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It didn't mention the three large seams that run vertically down the front of the headboard
The headboard is beautiful. The seams in the headboard are fine and not as prominent as the reviews I've read stated. Installation was easy once I had help to carry the big box heavy upstairs and hold in place to attach to the bed frame. The screws to the headboard only fit in one of the slots, but it's still sturdy.
Keeping in mind the price of this headboard vs ones that are very similar to it, this is a great buy. I had a problem with the first shipment...the screw holes were crooked in the frame so the legs would not screw into it. But, as is typical of Overstock, they promptly send me a replacement headboard and arranged shipment for the defective one. I love the head board but be aware that there are 3 fabric panels seamed together to form the face of it. The almost identical, higher cost headboards have a seamless face. Frankly, given the cost savings, I don't care and I don't have to love this headboard forever because of a much larger financial outlay. For the price, it is the best!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
We like it! Looks just like the picture. The seams that some people complained about don't bother me. My only complaint is that it did not fit my Tempurpedic well. If you connect it with the screws, it wobbles, and it vibrates when you turn on the vibrator. If you do not connect it, it just sits on the floor, which is how we use it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good, buttons were not all perfect straight, but not very noticable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
This headboard would be exquisite if it were not for the three vertical seams in the front. As it is with the seams the headboard is OK but nothing really special. If I realized these seams were there I would have purchased a different headboard with one continuous piece of fabric.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK - seams make it look cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The seams ruin it
THERE ARE FOUR PANELS OF FABRIC which cannot be detected in the pictures, versus having ONE seamless, elegant piece of fabric. The nailheads are uneven and there were two stains I had to clean.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? POOR
I purchased this headboard in a Queen. I was a little worried since the price was almost too good to be true but I was so pleasantly surprised at the quality. The headboard is solid, well made and easy to install. The nail trimming is nice, FYI.. the fabric is a nice quality but is not a solid piece, it is in 4 strips of fabric. It's not really noticeable plus the headboard is not an overly tall, when the pillows and shams are on the bed, you can only see about 12 inches of the headboard. Overall awesome product for the price. Shipped fast and well packaged.
This is my first headboard as an adult (now 34 years old) and I'm very happy with it. The color is a nice soft accent to the rest of my bedroom (painted a lighter beige) without drawing too much attention. Bonus - the fabric is pretty heavy duty so when my cats scratch and paw at it, I'm not worried!
You get what you pay for. The look is what I wanted but the fabric on the headboard is in two pieces and there is a fabric line down the middle. The brass nails make the headboard look good and from a distance there is no problem. Easy to put together, arrived quickly and shipping was almost free.