I was rushed by the delivery guy to sign right away, as he sped off. There was no place to write "subject to inspection" One of the shelves had a deep crack. Another had writing on it. I decided to try to put it together anyways. You can tell that this item was already returned by someone else and is a used item and is not the type of quality that I expected from the seller. I was not very happy with the purchase.
This product was a huge disappointment. Cabinet pieces were chipped, bolts and screws were loose inside the box, instructions are not written (simply an attached illustration), and product was extremely poor quality. We were trying to match this with the Veranda bathroom wall unit we had previously installed but I should have known better. Our first order was also a very poor product and the cabinet doors were poorly designed (crooked). Avoid Veranda brand in general.
This cabinet is cheaply and inadequately made. The whole backing is purely a piece of cardboard. It took almost two hours to put together and it now slanting to one side because the pieces don't fit into each other flush. I'm not happy with this purchase and would never recommend it.
For the price, it's a good buy. The storage cabinet is beautiful and bright white which is what I needed, but the workmanship leaves a lot to be desired. I needed extra storage space in my bathroom that wouldn't take a lot of space and wouldn't hurt my wallet, so this cabinet was the only one that fit the bill. Trust me! I looked all over the internet. Like many other reviews indicated, the instructions are HORRIBLE!! Thank goodness, I'm already an expect at these "picture only" instructions, otherwise, I still may be putting it together. It took me about an hour. The cabinet came with a few knicks that I was able to hide with some glossy white paint that I just happen to have handy. Otherwise, maybe every some "white-out" would have done the trick. All in all, a good buy. I've gotten many compliments on the unit.
Needed something to fit in the corner of the bathroom to store some towels and smaller items. It looks good, the design works with everything. Was easy to assemble but you do need two people to put the door on. For the most part this is a great item and for the price I have no complaints.
I was very disappointed in this product. Material is very cheap, it was scuffed and chipped out of the box. It was also damaged further as I tired to assemble it. It took almost 2 hours to put together and it wobbles even with the hardware that is supposed to keep it stable. I would have sent it back but it would have been way too much work to put back in the box and ship. I will just keep the lights dim in my bathroom.
It is not made very well at all for the money. On the first step, we have broken two cams already due to poor construction. We are sending back. Got another veranda unit, though not great, it went together as it should.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not made very well, flimpsy and it is not going together as it should on the first step we have broken two cams
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
I like the design and the size of it. I never self build a furniture before, but the instruction images are clear enough for me to understand. great product. recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great. especially for the price pay for
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Over all I like this cabinet and it is serving its purpose. I've gotten quite a few compliments on it as well. I don't care for the metal medallion in the middle of the glass door, online it looks nice but in person I think it looks tacky. The cabinet itself could be about a 1/4 of an inch deeper - I have to cram my towels in to get the door to close completely
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close but a little off
Easy to assemble. Pieces came out of box as needed and they were labeled. My hubby put this together with his drill in a matter of 20 minutes- maybe half hour tops. It looks beautiful in the corner of our bathroom. Glass does not fog up and adds a sophisticated touch. Knob pulls are nice. There was a rough board but it's inside the cabinet so no big deal. Shelves are adjustable and you can raise or lower them to accomodate your items. Overall a good buy and looks great as an addition to our bathroom. Now I have a place for extra towels and a shelf to hide clutter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
I would purchase this brand again, it was easy to put together, very sturdy/good quality, and beautiful
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good sturdy quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I purchased 2 of these cabinets to flank my white fireplace. The instructions were horrible--no written directions, only pictures, which would've been fine had the pictures been clear and detailed. The actual pieces were labeled clearly, but it was hard to tell from the instructions how they fit together and with which hardware. However, I've put together quite a bit of furniture so I was able to figure it out on my own. I needed an L-shaped philips head which was not included. You simply cannot tighten one cam without an L-shape or super-short-handled screwdriver. You can't see it from the picture, but the drawer section is separate from the door section, so there is an ugly seam visible on the sides where the two meet. The first cabinet that I put together included 2 right sides instead of a right and a left, but I'm handy and made it work. It took me more than 2 hours to put the first one together. The second went togehter faster, but it had major issues. A hole for a cam wasn't hollowed out correctly and the drawer didn't fit together correctly. Actually both drawers on both units ended up so tight that they'll be unusable. It looks great from the front, and the glass door is usable, so I'll keep them and make it work. If not for the hassle of taking them apart and packing them up, I would have returned the cabinets. I would NOT choose these again and will not be buying any cabinet by this maker.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality. An ugly seam (see description) is visible on the sides, and the drawers are so tight that we won't even use them. It's sturdy enough for my purpose, but if I were to use it for it's real purpose (in a bathroom where it would be used every day) it would not hold up. The constrution is really poor.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? You should show a side view of the product because the drawer section is separate from the glass door section which creates an unsightly seam on the sides of the cabinet.
I was very happy with this at first. It was easy to put together and looked beautiful. Until two weeks later when I noticed it listing to the side - sort of on its way to becoming the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Too late to return it so my husband and I are going to have to attach some strengthening supports in the back. Very pretty but I'd move on to the next one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Ont the picture this looks like a very nice unit, however it is not what it seems when you assemble it. I also did not EXPECT it to arrive in a FLAT box and thus I HAD to assemble it - which I think is wrong as the website does not mention that YOU have to build/assemble it! There was one connecter joint/screw missing, the bottom of the door panel where the vertical and horizontal sections join, has as slight crack in it on the exterior of the door and on the opposite side it is much worse, so much so that I KNOW it will not last! This is one of those units where it makes me think back to the "old days" of "MADE IN CHINA" (which it is). I think the workmanship on this is BAD - the sections don't line up well - BUT I must say it is a nice looking little unit! I do think that OVERSTOCK.COM can WARN a person that it still has to be assembled and does not come the way it looks on the website - as a COMPLETE unit!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pathetical