I read the reviews; some negative but most positive. I loved the dimensions and style of both the floor cabinet and the wall cabinet, so I took a chance.. I forewarned my husband that there may be issues with putting them together and he needed to be prepared to do what needed to be done to make the doors line up, but there wasn't an issue. Most every review complained about the smell; so we opened the boxes on the patio prepared to let them set for several days before building them; then again to let them set a while before moving them inside. The odor was so minimal; almost nonexistent. I had previously purchased a desk and file cabinet that had to be built and the odor from that was so overwhelming that you couldn't stay in my office for very long at any one time. So compared to that, the low smell from the bath cabinets was laughable.! We did have some defective parts on the wall cabinet, but I called Overstock Customer Service and the rep was wonderful; she shipped me out a new cabinet that arrived in a few days. One review recommended using stronger wall anchors for the wall cabinet so we did. We had a problem hanging the wall cabinet; the wall template was not exact (off by 1/8 inch) just enough to make the screws not fit in the holes, but by adjusting them we made it work. Word to the wise....remove the glass before you hang the wall cabinet (husband thought it was a waste of time, but humored me) and don't let your husband stand on a flimsy toilet seat to hang the cabinet. It broke; he fell; cabinet fell; shower curtain came down but he wasn't hurt; I wanted a new toilet seat anyway and had an extra shower rod. Minor damages were fixable. One last thing; I already knew that I did NOT want to be able to see what was behind the glass so I purchased some "Privacy Film" (such as is used for sidelights on your entry door) from Lowe's. I found some in my bathroom colors of browns and greens. It adds a splash of uniqueness and pulls everything together. Bottom Line..... I LOVE MY CABINETS! and Overstock Customer Service is awesome!
piece of not good work! would not recommend this product to anyone! cheaply made worst thing I've ever purchased! if I could return it I would. I was in the middle of remodeling my bathroom when I purchased this so I had to wait until the bathroom was done which was just last week before Thanksgiving. Boy was I disappointed when the cabinet was built.
This cabinet looks great in my bathroom. It's a lovely way to store Toilet Paper and bathroom accessories in a room that has no cabinet or drawer. It was easy to put together (1 hour) except I didn't see the white plastic strip that was supposed to slide down the center back but it looks fine without it. Be careful to look through all the packing material in order to find it! Mine is stable enough that I don't need to mount it to the wall like they suggest. It doesn't take up much room because it is shallow.
The cabinet might have left the warehouse better condition but when it arrived at my door the two front top corners were crushed and one of the sides was cracked. We were able to assemble but first impression was not good. The doors do not hang properly, therefore the magnet does not keep the doors shut. I would not recommend ordering this piece based upon my experience. However, the doors are cute and it would look good if the corners were not damaged.
fulfilled my need in size, shape and usage for a small accent piece to hold vases. put an adhesive LED light inside for lovely lightening.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ver goody
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
The overall quality of the cabinet is sturdy. As reported in other customer reviews that I read the metal attachment at the top of the door DO NOT even come in contact with the magnet..not at all..this is a design feature that would cause me not to recommend this product to anyone. It's a beaurtiful cabinet, but it is very disappointing that the doors do not catch to the magnet for complete closure. The one good thing is the doors do not swing open on their own, but they do not snap closed as intended with the magnet closure feature. I'm a little disappointed in that. The fact that the magnet closure does not work is not an assembly issue..........it's poor design of that aspect of the cabinet doors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Structurally sound; pieces fit well. Assembly easy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Deminsions accurate
one of the joints connecting the top was not totally drilled through which required us to complete the hole or return the whole item - this resulted in a slight wabble which I now will correct with brackets - I would still recommend this cabinet because it is very well made and the doors close perfect on the first complete try
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent except for one item
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
I'd been looking at white cabinets for my bathroom for some time. When I saw this...I had to buy it. So glad I did!! They aren't so plain & the price was nice!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice in white! Love it....including the brushed nickel hardware.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Feels very sturdy. Glass nice & clear.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pleasingly accurate.
We used the matching floor and wall cabinet to make one single standing cabinet for our bathroom. It is just lovely - the design on the front just adds a special touch. We considered frosting the glass since it was going to be used in the bathroom - but we're not cause it's beautiful. The doors, where they meet, are just a tiny fraction off - but that is probably due to my husbands handiwork in putting it together and not a product design. We are quite happy with this relatively inexpensive cost cabinet and expensive look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was the same as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
I looked at this for weeks and finally was in need of the bookcase in my remodeled bathroom. It looks beautiful. Gives my bathroom a spa look which is what I wanted. Great purchase for the money; LOVE IT!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly, pure white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have to say great for the price but it could be just a little sturdier!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on!
was looking for a small cabinet for our den bathroom. This looked like what I needed so I ordered it. Great choice! Just what I needed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate