My husband and I bought this cabinet as it looked like the perfect color cabinet for our bathroom. We needed just a small simple cabinet to hold baby towels, wraps, etc so that we would not need to leave our baby alone in the bathroom while getting supplies if we accidentally forgot something. In essence a linen storage cabinet. We were excited to receive this product but quickly became concerned. The instructions were nearly non existent simply pictures. Once my husband started to put it together we noticed that a piece of the drawer was cracked all the way along a seam. My husband simply got out some wood glue and reinforced it...Nervous but continued to put it together, hopeful, that the rest would turn out ok. We finally got everything almost put together (noticing that it was "shifty" by nature but thought it would "solid up" once we put the shelves inside) when we noticed the door (that looks so nice) was actually broken and then glued back together by the manufacturer. The glue was obvious, the crack it left was obvious, and the door looked awful. However, we put so much time in it that we at least just wanted to see if it would work. We placed it in the bathroom and I put in the baby's towels, wash clothes, and washing items. I then open and closed the door several times as if I might if I needed to get in it. The whole thing shook!!! Like it was going to fall right over! Once I saw this I knew we could not keep it! What if our infant, who will be a toddler, tries to get his own items and pulls it right over? It is that unstable! I would encourage anyone to really reconsider this product unless you will be using it iwth very short term goals in mind...say only good for up to a year in a dorm or small apartment. Otherwise NOT worth the headaches! Overstock was very good about the return, however, and emailed me a prepaid return shipping label and full refund.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It was cheap, broken and then glued or "fixed" in several places and then sold as new
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was overpriced and made to sound like it was a quality item when it was not
For this price I should have gone to a local store and got it assembled and brought home. It came damaged, plus needed extra special tools to fix it. Plus, to fix one particular part, it was so difficult. You need a child hand to reach and tighten. The screws are flimsy, a little over limit, gone forget that screw. They gave exactly what is needed. If you break one, use your imagination to fix it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall after fixing it with so much hurdle, it looks great now
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not so accurate, many details were missing. Like tools required and expertise level to assemble the product.
I just completely remodeled my bathroom and when the linen cabinet arrived I was extremely excited. When I opened it up to put together, I discovered that it was antique brass instead of nickel. I will have to go and purchase so nickel handles to replace the antique brass handles. Very disappointing. The front will just have to stay what it is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on the photo of the product showed antique brass but the write up said it was satin nickel.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product was nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? was not accurate
Great storage cabinet for a small corner in the bedroom. Shelves are spacious and I really like the small bottom drawer. The glass door is unique and makes it look very elegant. Very good quality for the price. I must say it was a bit difficult to assemble and required a power screwdriver as the holes were a bit small. Overall, I am pleased with it and it's well worth the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
This is a very attractive, cute/petite item I'm using to hold/display stemware hubby scavenged when his parents' house was emptied. I have not known what to do with this stuff until I came upon this item. Perfectly solves my problem! Then stemware and the glassfront cabinet complement one another very nicely, and I am quite pleased! (But I really would have liked another foot of height/shelf-space. Also, not exactly rock-solid construction, but good enough for my purpose/siting.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good depiction - almost-black brown = espresso
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems okay, but not heirloom quality - good for my purposes, but wouldn't want kids or dogs rough-housing around it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
Was looking for a cabinet to store towels in a small bathroom. This fit nicely into a small nook in the bathroom and serves it's purpose well. Received this in a few days after ordering. Well packed. I was lucky enough to have my son-in-law put it together for me. All in all...it is a nice piece.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color is as shown on the site....actually it is black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nicely constructed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? product was as described except, in my opinion, for the hardware..which was stated as satin nickel...to me, it had more of a brassy finish. I would have preferred the satin nickel but it is not that big of a problem for me.
Product looks good, but the bottom drawer does not open and close freely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Nice cabinet. Not easy to assemble. Suggest you add glue to wooden dowels for extra strength.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
It came as picture shown but when getting the pieces out for assembly it was very confusing.. Instructions for assembly were vague and confusing. Some of the lock nuts broke during assembly and had fix or create a fix alternative. I new the item was not made here.. Most of the products purchased are not but it really could have extra parts for just such instances as this.. it only comes with exactly what you need to assemble. There is no account for breakage or error. After assembly, it looks amazing and well suits what i needed it for.. in a decorative way.. very sheek etc. The old saying you get what you pay for is so true.. do not try to save in cost in wanting something of better quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? correct and accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality.. and missing or broken parts that put it together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
To start, stay away from this item. The manufacturer says it is made out of composite wood but it is actually made out of cardboard. Major defects in the fabrication. Bottom corners were cracked and holes made bigger than hardware so it stays loose. The hardware used is like tin metal one turn to tighten and it breaks. Parts inside the package were rubbing onto each other and rubbed off the stain of the wood. I can go on and on with this product. It just looks good from outside but will probably not last a day.
Two of my friends and I spent almost 4 hours putting this cabinet together. We found none of the hardware fit the predrilled holes, and after we had completed the assembly and set the cabinet upright, a large quantity of the camlocks fell out even though they had been "locked" in place simply because the hole is too large and allows the camlocks to become loose. The cabinet base fell off entirely and the entire cabinet listed to the side. We are going to take it all apart after a few days of rest from this disaster, then attempt to bypass the camlock assembly and glue the parts together, hoping to have a stable cabinet after this. I will not purchase anything else ever masde by ths company. They should be ashamed to put such shoddy work out for the consumer!
Out-of-the-box, all the parts seemed to be in good shape, with a couple of minor exceptions. There were a couple of scrapes/scratches on panels of the cabinet that will show, but Old English Scratch Cover made them unnoticeable. A couple of other blemishes are where they will not show. There were no missing parts, except for one screw, which I judged to be nonessential. The instructions were very minimal, and the assembly drawings had a few errors and omissions. Some steps were completely omitted, but it wasn't too difficult to figure out how to get it all put together, with only a couple of missteps. Studying the instructions and drawings and examining all the parts before starting assembly will probably allow you to save time when actually putting it all together. The drawer handle could not be fully tightened on the drawer front with the parts as furnished, the illustrations as drawn, and the instructions as written. I found two washers in the kit that were designed for use in strapping the cabinet to the wall for safety, and used those as spacers to allow me to tighten the draw handle securely. In the alternative, I could have purchased shorter screws, or shortened the furnished screws using a grinder, or purchased other washers to take up the necessary space. Many will just leave the drawer handle loose. Although this has to count as a real flaw, most resourceful customers will manage to get past it or accept the looseness and move on. When assembly is complete, this cabinet is actually quite attractive. It seems to be reasonably sturdy, if somewhat lightweight, and I would recommend it to a friend (with appropriate disclaimers)
Overall, I'm pleased with the product. It originally came to us with a damaged door, like a lot of the other reviewers mentioned; however, they got us a new one quickly. Putting it together was a bit of a challenge. More difficult than your Target or Walmart furniture, but the directions were clear enough for us to figure it out. I have put together a lot of Target & Walmart furniture, but I honestly wouldn't have been able to put this one together without my husband's help (don't tell him I said that). It's really a matter of following it closely enough, so you don't make mistakes (we had to pull off pieces several times because we put it on backwards). Once put together, it looks really nice! We use it to hold extra dishes and glassware.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Sturdy enough to hold dishes. Not perfect though.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The metal finish is NOT brushed nickle- it's brass
Pleased with this purchase ~ just make note that the hardware is a gold color not a nickel color as described on this site.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Surprisingly good quality for the cost
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Hardware was not the satin nickel as described on this site ~ Hardware is actually an antique gold color as shown in the photo
This item arrived promptly and was assembled by my husband. He told me that the craftsmanship of this item was rather poor. There were misaligned holes which made assembly rather difficult. While we will keep the cabinet for storing towels and other items in a small bathroom space we will do a bit more research when this needs replacing. I would rate it OKAY but not GOOD. Not a great value for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I wish I had glowing things to say about the quality of this item.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurately described