The perfect size, style and color. Accents the room better than I imagined. I shopped others sites, however the size and price offered in no way matched Overstock. I have made additional purchases and will certainly go back when looking for a specific item. There return policy is also remarkable. No hassle! Thank you Overstock.com!
The product is not as well made as I would have liked. Very nice doors. The biggest problem was the directions for construction. There were only sketches with little verbal instruction (two sentences). It was ridiculous to try and follow. I have a very high IQ and would have appreciated written detailed direction such as in which hole (piece of the cabinet) to push the pegs and screws before trying to assemble. I love having heavy objects delivered to my door. I would recommend this product with an explanation of "assembly required with little directions." Please do not quote my review out of context.
Unfortunately there were quite a few scratches on the cabinet pieces. Most could be covered up or were in places where it did not matter but there was a pretty good size one right on the top of the cabinet. Also some of the pieces of hardware did not want to snug up like they should have to keep everything together. Once we got it together it was pretty nice looking.
I loved this cabinet and the way it looked, it goes well with the other pieces I already have. The instructions are easy to follow and I have put pieces like this together before so I didn't think I'd run into any issues. This piece is so wobbly that the doors don't stay closed and I don't know if I can even use it for what I wanted it for (to store wine, martini, shot glasses etc). Some of the actual hardware pieces that are used to keep it all together bent and broke; the quality of the pieces were extremely poor. I used a screw driver and I was extra careful. I'm definitely looking into the return policy for this item, not sure what they will say since I've already put it together.. Super disappointed, especially for the price!!!!
I ordered this cabinet as well as it's mate, a single door taller cabinet. After trying to put the taller cabinet toegether, I returned this item. The tall cabinet did not fit together, the holes for the locks and bolts were too large, allowing the whole assembly to shift and fall apart. I did not want to go through this with again with this cabinet, and returned it. The tall cabinet is still not assembled properly, it lists to one side and the door therefore does not close. I will have to get a capenter to put on a new backing that is straight and hope this will stabilize this cabinet.
It is a beautiful piece but from the picture of it online We all thought it was a tall china cabinet, which was what we Really needed. I guess it's our fault not checking too Closely on the dimension but the picture was very Misleading. . We use it now for DVD storage.
The wood on the side panels is sturdy, and it arrived with all parts and nothing was broken. Once constructed, it is a little "ricket-y" but for our purposes (we are using it to put stray music in) it will be fine. The price was right!
I got the item to store excess crystal glasses in my dining area and it looks great in its location. I decorated the top with a couple crystal candelabras and I love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I read a couple reviews that described this item as sub-standard or poor quality but I had a friend put the item together and it looks great, is quite sturdy (you need to use the support brackets included in the package folks!).
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was as described
This cabinet looks great in my dining room. It's perfect to display fine china in!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent condition, looks like it belongs in a showroom
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate
Nice looking piece. Could use a little extra support, but otherwise I really like it. Instructions were a little confusing. But other than this, not bad
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality. Could use a little extra support
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate to description
For the price I paid for this product, I have expected a much quality product that what I've received. The inserts that will hold the racks in the middle are very loose. They fell off from the holes where they were inserted as I tilted the whole cabinet to move to the desired location after the assembly. Due to this, the seperater planks in the middle fell down to the floor. The back of the unit is a thin flimsy card board. To secure these card boards in place without movements, an L-shaped clamp was provided which needs to be nailed into the cabinet edges. When I tried to nail these down to the edges of the cabinet, the material cracked leaving an awkward crack on the edges of the cabinet. For the price I paid, I am very dissatisfied with the purchase. I am a frequent buyer from Overstock and I suggest overstock to do a quality check on such items before they put them up for sale on the site. I don't think overstock should loose its reputation and customers just because of poor quality items like this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched exactly what is displayed in the website. Really dark espresso.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price I paid, I am very dissatisfied with the quality of the product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close to acurate but doesn't talk abt the quality of the materials used.
While the wood is solid and the glass is sturdy and the piece is very attractive, when assembled it is wobbly. The screws for the door hinges were so small we had trouble finding a screwdriver, and when we found one small enough we had to push so hard we ended up stripping it before we got it all the way in. Hopefully I can get these screws out and get some stronger ones from the hardware store. And when I screwed in the back, the bottom panel started to split. Overall, it looks very nice, but I'm afraid to load it up with books because it's so wobbly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Medium quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate