For the price I paid for this product, I have expected a much quality product that what I've received. The inserts that will hold the racks in the middle are very loose. They fell off from the holes where they were inserted as I tilted the whole cabinet to move to the desired location after the assembly. Due to this, the seperater planks in the middle fell down to the floor. The back of the unit is a thin flimsy card board. To secure these card boards in place without movements, an L-shaped clamp was provided which needs to be nailed into the cabinet edges. When I tried to nail these down to the edges of the cabinet, the material cracked leaving an awkward crack on the edges of the cabinet. For the price I paid, I am very dissatisfied with the purchase. I am a frequent buyer from Overstock and I suggest overstock to do a quality check on such items before they put them up for sale on the site. I don't think overstock should loose its reputation and customers just because of poor quality items like this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched exactly what is displayed in the website. Really dark espresso.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price I paid, I am very dissatisfied with the quality of the product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Close to acurate but doesn't talk abt the quality of the materials used.
While the wood is solid and the glass is sturdy and the piece is very attractive, when assembled it is wobbly. The screws for the door hinges were so small we had trouble finding a screwdriver, and when we found one small enough we had to push so hard we ended up stripping it before we got it all the way in. Hopefully I can get these screws out and get some stronger ones from the hardware store. And when I screwed in the back, the bottom panel started to split. Overall, it looks very nice, but I'm afraid to load it up with books because it's so wobbly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Medium quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This cabinet looks great in my dining room. It's perfect to display fine china in!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent condition, looks like it belongs in a showroom
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate
Nice looking piece. Could use a little extra support, but otherwise I really like it. Instructions were a little confusing. But other than this, not bad
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality. Could use a little extra support
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate to description
I was looking for Vinyl LP storage and this item came up as an option. The depth shown would be sufficient expect for the fact the the depth is an exterior measurement, not useable storage space. It is a very nice cabinet, and I'll find another use for it.
I was disappointed in this purchase. Although the cabinet does give an elegant look to the space, the wood quality as well as the craftsmanship is very poor. The wood was stained and defected (glue visible) in a few areas. Perhaps I just got a bad one but if not & they are all this way then the price for this item definitely needs to be reduced.
It came well packed. I've ordered bookcases from here before and they have arrived busted. So brownie points for that. Easy to put together. The back was short for the drill holes, but covers the area, so we drilled new ones. It has magnetic closures, but didn't provide any metal to attract to. Otherwise, really elegant.
Beautiful slim cabinet for foyer or small floor space. Metal accents are copper color and create a beautiful warm glow on the dark wood color. Difficult to assemble - lots of pieces but it was worth it if you have patience. I have a piece of canvas art hanging above it - just perfect!
There is absolutely no way to make this door floor cabinet seem sturdy or anything other than a very small step up from Walmart quality. The entire piece feels cheap. I ended up throwing the whole thing out a day after it was delivered. I couldn't stand to look at what a mistake I had made in spending money on such a horrid quality item.
We spent 2 hours assembling the cabinet correctly with no left over parts. Unfortunately the cabinet warbled back and forth. We tried many adjustments, but it would not stay straight. Then I spent 2 hours disassembling and repacking the cabinet for return.