I bought 2 of these 3-drawer chests to replace a couple of larger pieces of furniture. I'm a 61-yr-old female who has put together a LOT of furniture 'kits' over the years. These were the easiest I've ever done - instructions (drawings, basically) were clear, all parts were included, including the glue. I put together the first chest in a little over an hour by myself, the second one in 40 minutes. They are very sturdy, and have clean lines which look good in my living room and bedroom. I'm disappointed with 2 things: #1=the drawer handles - they are a tan plastic-rubber which cheapen the overall appearance of the chest. I'll definitely replace them with something more attractive from the hardware store. #2=the drawers sit directly on wood slats nailed to the sides of the chest, so it's pressed wood sliding over wood. As a result, they don't open and close as smoothly as wheels on metal rails, although not with a LOT of difficulty. I used an old candle to wax the slats the drawers sit on, as well as the sides of the drawer which contact the slats - that has helped. For the price I paid these chests are worth the investment in time and money, and are serving their purpose well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good; my oak 'wood' furniture is a bit more golden, but these chests match pretty good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. for the price, good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good - measurements accurate
Love the make of this chest. Wish the drawer pulls were more than plastic. I used wax to make the drawers open easily. My husband is on home dialysis using a cycler. This is strong enough and large enough to hold his machine and 11,000 ml of dialysis fluid. Would recommend this product
Bought these for my boys because of the price -- they were REALLY inexpensive. Though they still look fine some 3 years later, they are not very sturdy (what would you expect for the super low price???) If you over-stuff them, the bottom will pop out and make it difficult to open and close. Still, they were and continue (for at least a little longer) to be a big step up for my boys who only had Rubbermaid storage previously. Pleasant-looking, but definitely not heirloom.
We purchased two and they meet our needs perfectly - bedside storage at our country place. The workmanship is excellent as are the directions as the chests went together without confusion, frustration or realignment. The drawers operate easily although we did rub a bar of soap along the tracks just in case before assembly. The plastic drawer pulls are not attractive at all but easily replaced. We would buy again.
The color is as you see it in the picture which was perfect for us. You have to put it together, all of it. The drawers do not have stops so be careful with little kids. We use it as an end table in our office. It works well with the extra storage. We like it.
we bought 2 for guest rooms in a 2nd home. one was put together with no issues and the other didn't have holes aligned properly so everything was off and it was a bit frustrating to have to redo sections. like many others, we replaced the cheap handles with nice bronze ones from home depot for $X.XX and they went perfectly with. my husband did drop a tool on it after we put it together and chipped the top. oh well. the size is somewhere in between an oversized nightstand and a mini dresser
Our only complain is the fact that the legs were not tall enough and one has to crouch to use the bottom drawer. TYhe pieces should be more market so the assembler will know which is which.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Primarily the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Instruction were complicated and beyond the reach of customers not familiar with assembling products.
This little bureau was only $60.00 and definatley serves the purpose. I bought 2 and use them for bedside end tables. Putting them togeher was a bit fo a challenge for me but I finally did it without the help of my husband. I was determined! The look nice in the bedroom and hold lot's!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is fiberboard, not real wood, but looks real nice. I wish the back and bottoms of drawers were more sturdy but again for the price it works well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Good for light stuff,not to much room,college dorm type for single person.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is exactly on picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate