I first learned of the wonders of interior decorating with acrylic on some HGTV show. I searched for acrylic pieces but there were only a few distributors and the prices were pushing $1000+ for simple pieces. I was looking to decorate a very small sunroom within a budget and this fit the bill. I bought 2. The chairs were shipped quickly. I think I purchased them Sat and received them by Wed morning. They were well packaged and small enough to deliver to my job and carry home in my trunk. (We all know that UPS during work hours is a nightmare!!) I put the first chair together in about 30 mins. It only took this long because the directions, while simple, left out what to do with the small rubber pieces. I remembered reading reviews about the holes in the chair not appearing to line up and after a bit of playing a game of "what fits where" I figured out that the rubber pieces go into the holes in the cover that's under the seat of the chair. You will need a flat head or butter knife (I used a pair of household scissors) to push the rubber pieces into the holes because the screw and the rubber pieces wont go in smoothly together. If you do this, the holes in the chair will appear completely flush with the cover. I put the second chair together in about 10 mins. The hydraulics worked great (although I was concerned that one seemed a bit loose). I'm 5'8 148 lbs and the chairs hold me with no issues. They look spectacular and virtually disappear into the room. I'm waiting on my chrome table (UPS somehow didnt manage to bring that box with the shipment...smh). I plan to also purchase an acrylic desk chair to tie into an adjoining room. Overstock never disappoints!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall quality is good. I was a bit disappointed by the cheap plastic top and base cover but after the chair is put together you really can't tell that they aren't chrome
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These are really, really sturdy chairs. My 300-lb father easily sat on one without any problem (or damage to the chair). They look great and were easy to assemble. No complaints, here!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy. Great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Really love this bar stool I wanted a sturdy counter stool that would work in an all white kitchen and not take away from the beauty of the marble counter top. My oldest son is 6'4" and he fits comfortably in the chair. Really happy with it
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Love this bar stool I was looking for a solid acrylic bar stool for our kitchen and I am so happy with this bar stool
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just as described
These chairs are really stylish and are perfect for our space. They are a little squeaky (maybe that will go away with time) but they are a great addition to a modern apartment. & you can't beat the price! Nobody would come over and guess that these were under $100 each! I had read a review that said that the acrylic had a yellowish tint to it. This was not the case with the two chairs I ordered. Mine are just as pictured. I would order these again!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
These chairs were shipped quickly and packaged well. They are easy to assemble, overall, and are remarkably comfortable. I would say that they would work best on a hard floor as they are a bit narrow. Mine are on carpeting but not a problem in general. Also, when assembling, make sure the screws for the seats are as tight as possible (they probably should be a bit longer in order to bolt them in better). Otherwise, these chairs are awesome as they almost look invisible and keep your room(s) looking almost as spacious without them!
Love the look of the barstool AND that my cats don't want to touch them. My only concern is that I have had a few comments from neighbors and family that they are uncomfortable. If you are all about the look, then these barstool are for you.
Acrylic furniture is usually quite expensive, but these stools are a great value for the money. They are not comfortable to sit in for an extended period of time, but they are great for sitting at the bar. I love that they are adjustable.