Pretty chair, and COMFORTABLE. That was my main concern buying online, and not getting to test the comfort. Very cozy and soft. Color is pretty but it tends to change in the light of the room, so if you looking for absolute grey, you may be disappointed. However, it is not as purple as the photo might suggest. In fact I love how the color changes in the light, and no matter what, it always looks pretty. Low maintenance (easy care) and even after my cat claimed it as his own and sometimes wrestles with the chair, I don't see any frays or signs of clawing. My only complaint was the packaging. I actually ordered 2 chairs, and the boxes they came in were flimsy and completely trashed by the time I received them - to the point that fabric from one of the chairs was exposed. That chair did not have a cloth wrap cover, but the other one did. However, the wrap was tight around the bottom and fit poorly so now there is a line in the velvet along the side of that chair that doesn't seem to be rubbing out. The styrofoam that it was packed with was basically disintegrated all over the chairs and inside the boxes, providing virtually no protection, but instead creating a huge mess of itty bitty pieces of styrofoam that I was finding everywhere for days. Yet, they did survive the journey, were fairly easy to assemble (you have to attach the legs). and look great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color does have a purple tinge. It's a plummy grey, but changes in the light. Sometimes even looks greenish.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is about what you would expect for the price. Not a family heirloom, but solid & attractive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is good. Met my expectations.
These are very nice chairs, but will not work where I wanted them because of their odd color. I would not call them grey - more of a purple with green undertones, hard to describe really. They do not go at all in my room with soft green walls. But I like the chairs and will make a place for them. They were tough to put together and I had to get a man involved. Not heavy or anything, just awkward.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Not really. Color is almost purple with green undertones. Do not try to match to other greys.
- How is the quality of the product? Very sturdy and comfy
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I ordered this chair expecting a true grey. When it was placed next to my grey curtains it just looked muddy... then the next day in the sunlight it looked like it had a pea-green undertone. I had a few friends look at it and everyone agreed it was just too weird of a color. The chair is pretty though - so I guess if you don't need to match it to other grey items you might be able to pull it off. The only other complaint is that after assembling the legs to the chair it was difficult to hide the velcro underneath the chair - hard to explain, but you have to velcro the bottom of the chair around the legs and it wouldn't sit flush.
This was not the big comfy chair I was looking for. Although there was nothing really wrong with the chair, I considered the fabric more of a velour than a rich velvet. There as very little padding in the seat. The size was medium, not large. I was a bit underwhelmed.