The only reason this gets 4 stars not 5 is due to the (lack of) documentation. This takes 4 mini can T4 halogen bulbs, but there are more than one size base for a T4 bulb. You need an E11 base and it took me two trips to a specialty store to get the right ones. The fixture is solidly constructed of steel and glass. It comes with a variety of extender rods to get the height you want. The hanging swivel joint for sloped ceilings is well designed. Truing up the various rods and parts so everything is aligned isn't hard. The four metal shade holders also may need a little adjustment to hang level. I usually pre-assemble any fixture so I'm not surprised while on the ladder and this one benefits from that extra effort.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Very good quality
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
We needed good lighting in the tall entry of a split-level house to illuminate stairs going both up and down, plus adding style and pizazz to update the 1960s house. This fixture compliments our handful of Art Deco pieces and blends nicely with the contemporary/mid-century modern influences too. The amount of light it casts both up and down completely fulfills our need for good visibility on the stairs. The view looking directly up at the fixture from the entryway is a little odd... just four points of glass looking down at you... but that is an angle seldom taken in, so does not create a problem.
The light arrived as scheduled in perfect shape. My wife and I installed in about 1 hour. Put in the recommended lights and it works and looks very nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate