Although I like the fountain and it works OK, I do not believe that it was manufactured with very little quality control- here are the problems that I encountered: (1) the hose from the unit was too short and I had to purchase to other pieces to make the connection (2) the fountain is not level, and although it weighs around 45 pounds, with just a little breeze it can tip over. In fact, the fountain tipped over 2 different times on my porch. The second it fell over about 5 large pieces broke off, but I managed to glue them back to the unit. I have since moved the fountain to a location on my porch where it will not encounter any wind. (3) The top piece which holds the light does not lay on top of the fountain smoothly and it is noticeable.. (4) when in operation, there is always some minor splashing I am keeping the fountain because overall I like the unit. The price I paid for it through Overstock was almost $60 less than I could have purchased it elsewhere and I guess that is part of the reason that I am keeping it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mediocre, at best
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was accurate, but unit was shabily constructed
The fountain is beautiful and everyone in our household loves it. It is quite a large fountain, but is beautiful and fits in well with the rest of our house. Installation was easy for my husband (a natural handyman), but the instructions weren't extremely detailed. The color differs slightly from the picture, but we love it and know that slate can vary in color... so it is indeed "slate colored". The sound of the water flowing is extremely calming and my kids love looking at it and listening to the sound. The only downside is that it isn't real slate, and so the price is quite high for a product that is actually a painted synthetic stone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is very similar.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate description of the product, although it isn't real slate.