Overstock delivered product promptly. Packaged well, though there were a couple minor surface flaws / damage to edges of one of the legs, and on the back of the bottom shelf (which was easier to hide). Both bits of damage appeared to have existed before the furniture was shipped (not shipping related, that is). Overstock credited our account for the flaws (approximately 14%), so we felt a little better about it. My husband tells me that putting it together wasn't bad, but that the instructions weren't always clear (he did a fine job in spite of them). We like that the doors are not solid and not glass - we can still use a remote for our components in the cabinet, and don't have to worry about little fingerprints and whatnot. The doors, in their grooves, will rattle if the floor of your home is not rock solid or steady and has any kind of bounce to it - that is one thing that bugs me. Other than that, I would recommend this piece of furniture, and buying it through overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. some minor wood damage, but we were able hide it (for now) with a dark brown marker
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
After I bought the media stand, I saw that it was only supposed to hold a TV up to 42", but I bought it because it was the widest I had seen, to hold a 55" LCD TV. I was ready to go out and purchase some L brackets to strenghten it, if I had to. Thankfully the stand has a warning that it holds 175 lbs., which is way below the weight of the 55" TV and videos combined! The color is an exact match and it is a little taller than most stands, which I also wanted. Great buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I thought the quality was good, but would have preferred the top piece to be all wood instead of particle board
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Recieved the order within specified time frame. Product was easy to put together. Once it was put together it felt a little unsturdy at first; then I attached the back panel and it got sturdier. I have had the unit one month and it looks like it sags in the middle of the unit - like it lacks a middle support. The tv that sits on the stand is only a 32" screen and isnt very heavy so its very dissapointing that I spent $$$ on this unit and its sagging. I would not recommend this for purchase, at least not at this price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was correct
The media stand was very heavy when it is delivered and I had the delivery man bring it inside my door. The stand was for my daughter's new home and she actually put it together. She is not real handy with tools and we thought we were going to have to go back to assemble it. She called us on our way back home and said she already had it together and loved it! She has a large flat screen tv and it fits very nicely on top.
This was the perfect size, style and functionality for my purpose. When you unpack there is a distinct smell which disappears after a few days. My concern is that the stain was not well applied.There were bubbles in the top and if I was not planning to cover it with a piece of stone I would have returned it.
This is an awesome accent piece and easily holds everything we need for our 42 inch television (it could hold much bigger as well). I am very picky about quality and style and I would highly recommend this to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, easy to build
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Nice and solid. Paid our super to put it together and it didn't appear too difficult. Fairly well padded when delivered. MAKE SURE THE PIECES YOU ARE PUTTING IN IT FIT THE WIDTH AND DEPTH OF THE SHELVES. We had to cut another small hole in the back panel to fit the tuner wires. We were going to buy a corner piece but realized the pieces for the audio equipment would not fit. We have the DVD player, tuner, tape player and CD player inside. The speakers fit on either side of our 40" TV which we also just purchased. This is a good sized unit for a 40 " TV. The doors were a little sticky so put some wax on them and they are now fine. Finally, a great piece of furniture that looks more expensive than what we spent on it, does exactly what we want it to do, has a little oriental accent which fitted in with some of our art and we have already had many compliments on it! Thank you OS!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color same as in picture. A warm brown with slight red undertone - mixed well with antique mahogany pieces
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid. good quality but a little rickety until the back was in place
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Found this media stand at another store first for over a ******* $$ more. Started looking around and found it on Overstock under a different name, but still it's the same item. Picked this stand because it is a little narrower than most and fits just right into a niche in our family room. Works great! The color is a little lighter than pictured.
Unfortunately, as much as I liked the design of this piece of furniture, it is not up to snuff. The inside shelves are scraped and dinged and they don't fit in the slots properly. The entire structure is very rickety and I don't trust it to hold up my TV. I'm glad I bought it here rather than for full price, but even at the reduced rate, it is not worth the price. I will end up keeping it because taking apart and re-packing to return it would have been a huge pain in the neck.
This credenza is exactly what we were looking for. It looks like a high-quality piece of furniture with unique and elegant details (the lattice sliding door design). It seems pretty sturdy so far. It took a full evening to put it together and the packaging made a total mess -- styrofoam everywhere -- but it was worth it. Make sure the delivery guys drop it off in the right place -- we had to haul it up two flights ourselves and it was very, very heavy. Overall, we love it!