It took me months to decide what I wanted on my familyroom wall. I saw these on Overstock and knew they would be perfect. They are perfect!! Its a substantial shelf and very smart looking. I bought 2 and staggered them on the wall. I remember someone saying you could see the screws under the shelf............ It can be easily missed but there are sticky black circles to put over the screw opening to hide them! I didnt realize it until I was cleaning up and found them. Definately would recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I felt the shelf was very sturdy and was perfect for what we wanted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? true ot discription
We ordered three different size floating shelves. The 36" was the widest. After following the directions and using the appropriate anchors provided. when we were finished the 36" shelf was tilted slightly forward. We tried to correct it but could not without compromising the its strength. It seemed stable enough to set an antique clock on but after about thirty days the shelf gave way, tumbling and smashing the clock to the floor. I would recommend using brackets, although then it wouldn't be a "floating" shelf. The 12 and 24" shelves worked out much better.
Shelf itself is easy to put up, does hold the 30 pounds it states and is pretty from a distance. Had first one delivered but it had a rather large scratch where the color was completely gone. We filed our complaint and was sent another; however, that one had/has 2 scratches. Since the shelf is a very dark brown, the scratches, which are white are very noticeable
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate